Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roadster project for sale in Worcestershire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster project for sale in Worcestershire.

Info from Phil Airdrie on his Marlin Roadster DRL 152K :

I purchased the Marlin kit from Paul Moorhouse at the factory in Dec 1981 from Plymouth having previously purchased a 1972 Morris Marina 1.8 as a donor vehicle.
    The construction subsequently took place while I worked in Truro over the next 6/9 months.
    The car was roadworthy and MOT`d from 1982 and driven around from time to time until 1991, covering approx. 20k miles. It was always great fun to drive with great
    acceleration and always gave a friends Lotus 7 a very close run!

I parked it up at the end of that summer, life changed with new family arrivals and it has sat back in the garage since that time. It was never truly finished or sprayed
    so there is further scope for customised rebuild/completion.

The reason for sale is to create space and the sad realisation - that my wife is eager to point out - is life needs to move on!
    I have kept much of the original paperwork/pictures to provenance the vehicle, and the V5 doc describes it as a Morris Marlin Sports first registered on 11.05.1972 and
    registered by me 01.06.1982. This gives it historic vehicle status. Also historic MOT certs and tax discs, garage bills etc

Technical spec. It has a standard 1800cc `B` series engine with twin SU carburettors along with the standard Marina Marlin set-up. Paul Moorhouse shortened the
    original prop shaft as part of the design. The rear leaf spring set up is original as is the torsion bar suspension at the front.

The dash board arrangement is functional rather than aesthetically pleasing with original Marina dials and steering column.

The steering wheel was replaced with a wooden rimmed steering wheel. There were 4 new wheels rims and tyres.

The car is in Worcestershire and the asking price is £1750.00. A purchaser would need to trailer the car away

Phil Airdrie

I have put this advert up on Phil's behalf, there are several more (and higher res. versions) of these current pictures.

I have contact details for him which I will not put on a public forum, if you are interested, please contact via my details in Pitstop and I will put you in touch with him
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dcunn; 27-03-20, 03:03 PM.

Re: Roadster project for sale in Worcestershire.

That looks a very nice car and at the moment the time and weather to make it even better. I am almost sorry I already have one, being tittivated at the moment. More pics for the tyre kickers, please!

Comment

OK Dave, here you are.

I have to say I am surprised that no-one has contacted me - must be the C-19 !
      Attached Files

Comment

I suspect you are looking at a thin market on here of people looking for a project. Ebay usually generates good interest, albeit you then have their extortionate fees.

Comment

Good thought Jon, however we'll stay with this for a while
          Rgds DC

Comment

My view for what it's worth. It is a lovely original early car. I would clean and polish it as it is. Rub down and paint the chassis and under the wings. Clean up the engine room. Possibly Satin varnish the wood, but keep the dash as it is. If the diamond pattern is carpet, clean it. If it is that 70's foam/vinyl and sound, keep it for the interest and provenance as a lovely car. If I was Phil I wouldn't sell it. Just like the LocUst I built in 1992 and lives in the garage having done 10k? since and not been on the road in 8 years. I can't bear to sell it! Though I should. Good luck.
            Dave

Comment

I would have been very interested but as we are all supposed to be confined to home unless shopping or excercise I don't see how I (or anyone else for the matter) could physically collect it.
              However if it's still available in 6? months time I will re-kindle my interest.

Cheers, Robin

Comment

Robin, If buying a Roadster isn't essential shopping, I don't know what is!

Comment

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
                  Robin, If buying a Roadster isn't essential shopping, I don't know what is!
                  :-) couldn’t agree more

Comment

Originally posted by meverett View Post
                    :-) couldn’t agree more
                    It seems so do I as today I drove to Worcestershire and had a look at the car. I put down a deposit. (And the wife didn't kill me much - it must the promise of a new kitchen first....)
                    Should be collected in a couple of weeks subject to holidays and so forth.:-) Watch this space.

Cheers, Robin

Comment

Good Man Martin, where is the point of temptation if you don't give in to it? Good luck.

Comment

hello
                        if you sale your locust , just warn me interested in..
                        thanks best regards

Comment

Sorry mate but Locust is not for sale in the foreseeable future. One day it will be my next project!
                          P.S. It is a LocUst not LocOst.
                          Dave

Comment

Working...
                          X