wheel studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel studs

Hi Just been checking the front brakes on my Roadster, have the disc setup has a 10 mm spacer to clear the disc etc, one of the nuts and stud has stripped the thread due to not being long enough, alloy wheels, any ideas anyone? thanks, Ray.

Re: wheel studs

I would be very cautious of spacers on front wheels.
    The standard ones are hub centric, plain spacers won’t be as good, possibly the reason for your problem.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Marina or Triumph based? Are you talking wheel studs here or the bolts that hold the caliper? Marina wheel studs are Triumph and not the same as Mini ones.

Try Rimmer Bros.
      Formally DonSayers on here.

Comment

Hi no the wheel studs which hold the wheel on one nut has stripped because not enough bolt due to 10mm spacer, but need the spacer because the tyre is too close to steering end.thanks.

Comment

I will give Darren Groves the credit for this info not tried it myself but quite a few Triumph owners have done this upgrade.
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

That's very helpful brilliant many thanks will have a look at that, cheers Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by yousay54 View Post
              That's very helpful brilliant many thanks will have a look at that, cheers Ray.
              There is always the option of fitting Dolomite 7/16” extended wheel studs from Rimmer.
              My experience of M12 wheel studs is that their heads are not recessed to fit in the hubs.

Unless you are an engineer, it’s far better to use parts that were designed for the specific application.
              MOC member since 05/97
              1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
              Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
              X