Unobtanium or clutch release arm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unobtanium or clutch release arm.

After dropping the engine and box out of my Roadster in order to investigate a noisy clutch thrust race. I found the problem was that the fulcrum was working its way through the release arm and the retaining fork-shaped spring had broken forks. The thrust race seems perfect, smooth and silent but one of the clutch cover fingers was bent and might have been rattling the release bearing. With a little pressure on the clutch, all had been well. Now I am looking for a release arm with a good spring or even just a spring. I could weld up the fork but spring making is beyond me.

Re: Unobtanium or clutch release arm.

Good luck with that. It’s a Marina only part, if you can find one, it will be premium priced unless someone is extremely generous.

As with many things, I have a couple stored in the roof of my garage in the UK, but Covid and common sense means I will not be anywhere near it soon.

Good luck.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Isn't it nothing more than a piece of spring steel riveted to the arm to retain it to the fulcrum? Can't be that difficult surely!

Comment

Having had a shuffle through the spares department in my garage I find I have more than more than one of these. Since I am down to only one B series Marlin in the stable I'm sure I could spare one of them if you PM me we can make appropriate arrangements

Comment

Cheers for that Steve, after ringing and googling I had figured it was a bit 'Unobtainium'.
          The spring is a bit complicated, folded over, so a bit ob ingenuity is called for. There is no great rush as there are other jobs to do. So a bit of thinking time.

Comment

Tony PM sent.
            Cheers! Dave
            Last edited by HairyDave; 20-04-20, 09:45 PM.

Comment

MOC magic, well done Tony !

Comment

The power of the club site.

Love it, this is what I love about this site, we pull together.

May it continue.

Adrian

Originally posted by tony.branson76 View Post
                Having had a shuffle through the spares department in my garage I find I have more than more than one of these. Since I am down to only one B series Marlin in the stable I'm sure I could spare one of them if you PM me we can make appropriate arrangements

Comment

Excellent, thank you, Tony! As has been said 'The power of the Cub site, Long may it continue!'
                  Dave

Comment

A beautiful piece of unobtanium arrived today. Perfect, thank you Tony. I'll be in touch.
                    Dave.

Comment

Working...
                    X