• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin roadster stormforce car cover for outdoor

Hello
    what do you think of this cover for our roadster
    thank you
    The very latest in 4 layer bonded car cover technology is now available via us in the UK. This fabric is unique, and is a result of years of research and development to produce a fully waterproof cover that is also breathable. These covers utilise high-tech manufacturing techniques to ensure the maximum protection of your car's paint and bodywork through years of service. StormForce covers are our new flagship product and are suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. They feature a 4 layer...

Re: Marlin roadster stormforce car cover for outdoor

Never seen that before, good find.

I keep a motorcycle outside protected by a similar cover, it’s OK but not brilliant.
    In spain, the real problem is spanish overnight humidity and despite being waterproof and breathable, if I uncover the bike before the sun has fully risen, it’s quite often damp.

Do you have Marlin seats that are below the cockpit rim? High back seats may not fit neatly under this cover.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

seats from interiors seating
      Last edited by kolmershlagjp; 21-04-20, 11:59 AM.

Comment

photos
        Attached Files

Comment

Wow they are beautiful.

Adrian

Comment

I bought one of those covers two years ago and it's not held up to UV at all well. Outer layer is all peeling and the cover has cracked and left holes in several places. I'll take some photos tomorrow and post them.

I will say it was an excellent fit and for the first year I was very impressed.

Comment

UV is a real problem for vehicles stored outside, even in apparent shade, UV gets reflected far easier than visible light. Tyres can be a real problem, they are generally partially exposed whatever the quality of the cover, especially if they are speciality or rare, nothing worse than finding a crack in a tyre that will cost you €150+ to replace.
              I buy a new cover for my bike every couple of years, there is a notable change in colour, but not performance.

Those seats look pretty cool!
              MOC member since 05/97
              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

it is a photos that I took in the site my seats are of another color I will put a photo later
                Last edited by kolmershlagjp; 22-04-20, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kolmershlagjp View Post
                  it is a photos that I took in the site my seats are of another color I will put a photo later
                  I believe that the guy who made those seats was http://www.ashleyharding.co.uk/, but I could be wrong.
                  MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Last edited by kolmershlagjp; 22-04-20, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Couple of shots showing UV damage and holes.

IMG_0176.JPG

IMG_0178.JPG

Comment

Dead link. Ashley used to work for them, but set up on his own.
                        MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Hi,

Has anyone tried the Voyager cover, https://www.coveryourcar.co.uk/store...cat=838&page=1

I don't need an outdoor storage cover, just a cover for occasional over night use as I don't have a hood or tonneau cover.

Derek
                          Stumbling around in the dark
                          Marina based SWB roadster
                          Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

Save your pennies Deek, this works fine for occasional use, and still works after several years

Some timber, some heavy plastic sheet, duct tape and cord

Made to fit the car and frame, then all rolled up behind the seats when not in use

Rgds DC
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks DC,

I have most of that stuff, somewhere, so I'll maybe try something similar.

On an aside, I was talking to a chap today, 2m apart, and he was asking about the Alfa side of Brum. I was wondering if you knew how many Alfa cars came from the factory. Nose bothering me.

Derek
                              Stumbling around in the dark
                              Marina based SWB roadster
                              Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

Working...
                              X