Are we sitting comfortably?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we sitting comfortably?

In all the years I’ve owned the Cabrio I’ve always been reluctant to travel any real distance in it as the original seats are the most uncomfortable I’ve ever sat in and would absolutely kill my back. Basically the seat back had a really pronounced curve to it that really pushed into my lower back, no amount of adjustment made it any better.

After 002a.JPG

I previously also owned a TVR Chimaera for over 8 years and fortunately found the original seats to be very comfortable; however, they did not suit everyone and a well known mod in TVR circles is to replace the original car seats for the ones from a Mazda MX5 MK1. I saw a few of these at various meet’s; a) they did look good in the car and b) they were very comfy.

Cue the Mazda music……….

MX5_Smaller.jpg

Now I thought I would really have to hack the MX5 seats around to get them to fit, so imagine my surprise when I tried them in the car! OK, yes, they are a tad snug and probably not as straight as I would like but I reckon with a little modification to the transmission tunnel to narrow it a touch then we should be sitting just nice. I’ve already had a sit in the car as is and frankly it’s like night and day difference, bliss! I’ll let you know how the mod goes as it may be of interest to others.

As ever this has also now opened a whole new can of worms, namely do I get the seats recovered in a magnolia leather to match the existing interior...... or do I use this as the excuse I probably needed to revamp the rest of the interior......? A clue as to the decision made is that I have just removed the radio (it was too close to the gearstick and I use to bash my knuckles on it anyway).
    Last edited by wiggiesworld; 26-04-20, 08:47 PM.
    2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Re: Are we sitting comfortably?

Isn't it great when you find that someone has already been through the grief and documented it all......

Here you can keep up to date and help support club members who are currently building or renovating their cars.

Cheers Mike, you're my hero!
    2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Working...
    X