Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hunter hood, header bar stowage?

Originally posted by chris_cussen View Post
    My bar stows nicely in the garage. It is a pain to carry and a pain to put in place.
    Thats pretty much how I use mine, have never installed it in 7 years of ownership. Don't even know if it fits. Hood still works fine.
    2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

The bar is really only needed if you were going to be stationary for a long period (at a show for example) or overnight and you expected rain. By fitting this bar it helps to prevent ponding to the large flat area of hood material. Personally I have never used it any time when driving the car.

Comment

Likewise. On the rare occasion I have had ponding on the roof I just open the door and gently push the roof up so the water runs off being careful to make sure it runs off on the other side. All part of the fun!!

Comment

A word of caution if you have a Rover V8 engine with electronic ignition and the Hotwire airflow meter. Make sure you do tip the water off sideways. I didn’t once when leaving a local car show and when I braked a couple of pints of rainwater went over the front, down the windscreen and straight into the bonnet louvres, under which is the engine air intake! Water in such quantities puts the fire out in the Hotwire element so you have no throttle response! Had to be recovered home. Had I but known a 20 minute wait for the water to evaporate and I could have driven home!

Comment

When I had the soft top fitted to my Cabrio (it now has a hard top), I always used the centre bar. It kept the hood taut and away from my head, and was not a problem to fit. It stowed in the folds when the hood was down, quite securely. Only word of caution - if it wasn't removed before erecting the hood, it could shoot out and bounce across the paintwork! Quite what the consequences would be of doing this on the move, don't bear thinking about. But I never did subscribe to putting the hood up while on the move anyway. The only other thing to consider is whether your car is SWB (as is mine) or LWB. The hood on mine folds neatly in equal parts, that on the LWB does not, as I recall, so could create further issues. Dave

Comment

Golly gosh Thought my hood was broken and that i would have to weld this bar in place (as new to a Hunter)

Can anyone show me how it is supposed to be located when the hood is up etc

Thanks

Comment

Call me, easiest to talk !
                Rgds DC

Comment

Cheers Dave Will do when I've got the hood ready to erect (a bit of a hassle at the mo)

Comment

Working...
                  X