Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: A story of a small part, a lime green Marlin and a year of inactivity .............

1. #1 A story of a small part, a lime green Marlin and a year of inactivity ............. 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member Alan c's Avatar
    at least online - retirement keeps you busier than you think

Marlin still a regular driver but a very critical part failed i.e. the electric window button failed - I struggled to find one not surprising for an 1983 sierra 2nd hand interior spare - still I found one on ebay in Lithuania and despite the many country lockdowns its showed up 8 days later amazing how the international postal system keeps working so effectively.

I saw a lime green Marlin drive through my village (Horsell near Woking) not seen it before wondered if it was anybody on the forum who lived local

2. #2 Re: A story of a small part, a lime green Marlin and a year of inactivity ........... 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member chris_cussen's Avatar
    I had problems with mine a while ago, but if you are very careful you can prise the unit apart. Mine was full of 30 years worth of c**p and I cleaned all the conacts and it worked perfectly.
    Cabrio, Omex 2.0l 150bhp Zetec blacktop, Omex ECU and wiring loom.