Torremolinos Roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torremolinos Roadster

I picked this photo off the web a few days ago, looks like February 8th this year at Torremolinos

So far I'm unable to identify which car it is, despite the distinctive grille badge

There appears to be a recent MOC sticker on the windshield, so which members car is it ?

Thanks in anticipation of ANY answer !

Rgds DC
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dcunn; 02-06-20, 06:09 PM.

Re: Torremolinos Roadster

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
    I picked this photo off the web a few days ago, looks like February 8th this year at Torremolinos

So far I'm unable to identify which car it is, despite the distinctive grille badge

There appears to be a recent MOC sticker on the windshield, so which members car is it ?

Thanks in anticipation of ANY answer !

Rgds DC
    I have seen that car before about 5 years ago i think.

Spanish number plates of that style are not age related, but are simply sequential.
    i have some approximate dates I will look up later.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Thank you Steve

Comment

I do like a Roadster with wires, for me it finishes the look.

Comment

I agree with you entirely but its got to be the real thing, in my opinion, as these appear to be. Started to look for them once when I had a Roadster but didn't persevere.

Comment

How about one with horns, yet another to identify - sorry Dog & GG, this has normal Compo wheels
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
              How about one with horns, yet another to identify - sorry Dog & GG, this has normal Compo wheels
              Well that goes pretty close to the top of list of the most stupid things I've seen on cars. For its ability as a bumper they may as well have just fixed a real set of cow horns to the bonnet; it will probably give just as much protection. Walks away from the keyboard shaking his head............
              2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

I know who owns the car. It is a long time club member and friend Derek Kennington ex Hopas near Tamworth. He had a Blue and silver Berly and a classic caravan in the early years. In fact he came to Stoneleigh last year and camped. (not with the roadster) Many of you will remember him.

Comment

Thanks Danny, good to chat today about this and that

Rgds DC

Comment

OK Wiggy, you want cow horns ?

I'm currently in touch with Dave Hitchings and he is sorting out some old MOC stuff for me

These screen grabs are from the video he has of the MOC stand at the Town & Country show
                    at Stoneleigh in August 1996. The show's theme was TV Soaps, and the MOC picked Dallas !

In time I hope to be able to upload plenty of his MOC history onto the website

Rgds DC
                    Attached Files

Comment

Brilliant and at least there is a good point for the cow horns being sported!
                      2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Working...
                      X