Marlin BMW prototype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin BMW prototype

Spotted this while browsing at lunchtime yesterday.
    Was this shelved in favor of the Sportster

Re: Marlin BMW prototype

Yes, we've known about it for a while

So who will be bidding on it ?

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
      Yes, we've known about it for a while

So who will be bidding on it ?
      Hmm, still seriously tempted. Here's a question for you; what are your thoughts on the wooden base of the folding windscreen? I kind of understand why they did this as I suspect it may have been very difficult to find a way of shaping an alternate material to a) fit the scuttle shape and b) also support the windscreen edges. Unfortunately, and its only my opinion, seeing that wooden piece just grates somewhat. As ever its all subjective and I suppose you could argue that at least it matches the steering, or breaks up a sea of silver. be interesting to hear others thoughts on it.
      2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

One could paint it silver. Just a suggestion
        Liz

Comment

Or clad the outside with thin alloy or stainless sheet. The wood on the inside looks ok in my opinion.

Comment

Much as I'm not a BMW fan that I like! Did not old cars have wood screen supports?

Comment

Would have liked a roll bar!

Comment

Wuss! Although the screen is probably the optimal size, it looks a bit tall to me. A roll bar would be a good idea but it would destroy the purity of line IMHO.

Comment

No I would just got for the aero screens. And perhaps a tonneo (now how do u spell that) cover

Wonder what she is worth ?

Comment

Video of the car now on line. Looks really tidy and very well built.
                    Last edited by jon_cox; 16-06-20, 11:57 AM.
                    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
                    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

This has just sold at auction for £5900 + Commission.
                      Was it anyone on here????

InkedScreenshot 2020-06-26 11.31.49_LI.jpg
                      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
                      - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Auction commission for cars is often in the region of 12%, add the VAT to this and then we could have a final price of circa £7,900. IMO I would say they haven't paid over the top, the seller got a fair price and the buyer has ended up with a really nice one off Marlin. If I didn't already owned a Cabrio I would have definitely been tempted even at that price.
                        2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

That particular auctioneer charges 8% buyers premium with vat on the premium, final cost to buyers would have been £6466, certainly cabrio territory. Looked good though.

Comment

Working...
                          X