Speedo Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo Cable

Hi folks. Finally after being off the road for nearly 30 years I got the Berlinetta Mot’d and on the road but the speedo doesn’t work. I have traced the fault to a broken cable. My car has a type 9 box in it but the speedo has a screw end. When I look for a type 9 speedo cable it has the correct gearbox end but has the plastic clip on the other end which is not the correct one for the actual speedo in the car. Will I need to get one specially made or is there a correct cable out there for them?

Thanks.

Re: Speedo Cable

We have used Speedy Cables in the past.
    Liz

Comment

I've used Speedy Cables too. Can't fault their cables, but Speedy it wasn't! Gareth.
      QUOTE=lizbillings;53225]We have used Speedy Cables in the past.
      Liz[/QUOTE]

Comment

Sent them an email to see if they can help. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by twinstacks View Post
          Sent them an email to see if they can help. Thanks.
          I hope you included pictures to help them?
          MOC member since 05/97
          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Will wait on their reply then send them pics mate. I have found a few on auction sites that fit the ford Zephyr mk1 which has the ford mushroom type on one end and the smiths screw end on the other but unsure if it will fit my Veglia Borletti speedo. That is a screw end too.

Comment

Congratulations on getting MOT. Nice to have another back on the road.
              Liz

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Nice one on getting the Berly back on the road. I have one on the back burner myself. Regarding your speedo cable. I have had similar in the past from Speedy Cable.
                  You should not have any problem.

Comment

Working...
                  X