New Arrival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Arrival

Hi Everyone, I recently was gifted a Marlin but am very in the dark on exact model it is and would love to know some parts lists or modern replacements etc and general service advice. The kit is mostly there and built but there are a few items missing. Serial number is MH4S9 S / 76330M on an old 'K' Plate.
    Any help would be very gratefully received. Thanks Mark.

Re: New Arrival

Any chance of a picture?

Comment

Hi Mark, welcome.

In order to be able to help I need to know which car you have, the MH4S number you quote is the VIN number
      but I need the Marlin Kit number to be able to identify it, I am guessing it is a Morris Marina based Roadster

On the front left side of the chassis, as per these pictures, please tell me and we can all be of more help to to you

If you prefer not to put info on this public forum then email me direct or via P M from here (Notifications, top right)

Rgds Dave Cunnington MOC Archivist
      Attached Files

Comment

Mark has also posted on the Marlin Enthusiast's FB group, with photos, and it is, indeed, a Marina based Roadster.

Mark, I've replied on FB but I believe this forum and the Members on here are the best resource for info and help, albeit not as instantaneous!
        Last edited by jon_wilkinson; 20-06-20, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks Jon, I'll wait for his contact - unless you want to email me the pics or a link ?

Comment

Hi Liz, yes of course...once i figure how to. Lol

Comment

Thanks to Jon & Ben I have the Fb pic, just need the kit number now !

Mark, hope this will help you, it's one of the methods (and the one I use) :
              To add pix to a typed reply on the Forum, when you’ve finished the typing, leave the cursor where you want the pix to go, hit the "Go Advanced" button, and then the "Manage Attachments" button. You then use the "Browse" button to look for the pix you wish to upload, and having found a pic hit the "Upload" button, and then repeat this for as many pix as you wish to upload, then hit "Submit Reply" when you’re ready to do so

Before adding them, you may need to downsize the pix if they are too big – if that’s a problem send them to me and I’ll do it for you and return them.

Rgds DC

Comment

Originally posted by markjolley12 View Post
                Hi Everyone, I recently was gifted a Marlin but am very in the dark on exact model it is and would love to know some parts lists or modern replacements etc and general service advice. The kit is mostly there and built but there are a few items missing. Serial number is MH4S9 S / 76330M on an old 'K' Plate.
                Any help would be very gratefully received. Thanks Mark.
                PM & FB messages sent.
                MOC member since 05/97
                1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
                X