Pattern for Mk 1 Roadster Hood and Screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattern for Mk 1 Roadster Hood and Screens

I have got a hood and side screens which I don't think have been used, but the problem is that the hood has been water damaged in storage and the hood cant rail has been fitted badly.
    I decided not to try to do anything with it so have made my own hood and sidescreens. However the damaged hood might be of use to somebody to use as a pattern for making another hood. Cant rail and side screens are usable.
    Free to a good home.
    Barry

Re: Pattern for Mk 1 Roadster Hood and Screens

Yes please Barry ...if we can figure how to get them to Suffolk. I'll PM you.

Dave

Comment

While they are off can somebody measure then and do a drawing so that I can use the data to make myself a hood
      I have a Mk2 - but the dimensions off a Mk1 would help

Comment

Hi Duncan, it will be difficult to provide measurements. what will probably be better for you is to fit the frame then create a cardboard roof using photos then that should give you the dimensions.
        That is what I did and although I haven’t fully finished mine it does work. There are some photos in my rebuild from Cornwall diary.
        Anyone that has made their own we would appreciate some photos.

Comment

Good morning barry; i would also like a template for the hood and side screens ; i am rebuilding a mk1 and have nothing at all regarding the roof dept ; currently researching a frame
          let me know if we can do something
          regards gordon

Comment

Originally posted by batman3481 View Post
            I have got a hood and side screens which I don't think have been used, but the problem is that the hood has been water damaged in storage and the hood cant rail has been fitted badly.
            I decided not to try to do anything with it so have made my own hood and sidescreens. However the damaged hood might be of use to somebody to use as a pattern for making another hood. Cant rail and side screens are usable.
            Free to a good home.
            Barry
            Hell Barry, i would like the side screen for a template , also the cant rail anything else for the roof of a mk1, let me know if possible ,regards Gordon

Comment

Hi,
              I have a mk1 with hood and screens in good condition, let me know if you want any pictures, frame dimensions etc.
              Cheers.. Richard
              Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
              Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

Hi All
                Thanks for your enquiries. I would, in the first instance, take the hood to Stoneleigh at end of August.
                Because it is rolled around a cardboard tube (I find this is the best way to store the windows in the back of the hood and sidescreens) it's quite a long heavy lump, so postage would not be insignificant.
                Barry

Comment

Hi Meverett
                  Please find attached photos of my hood build for JGC 433C triumph roadster I didnt have to make a pattern just went from A-Z. A being a row of press studs along top front of wind screen , also to make it possible for me to do,sorced materials that could be sewn on a domestic sewing machine. Let me know if you don't receive photos as I haven't done this before!
                  Barry.marlin build folder 006.JPG

Comment

Sorry Mevette, here are the other picturesmarlin build folder 005.JPG41 June 20.JPG42 June 20.JPG43 June 20.JPG Barry

Comment

Very smart who did the door job ?
                      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Looking great Barry.
                        Fits well and I see the top and back are one piece with the sides sewn in.
                        Different to the original roof but it works very well.
                        Cheers, Martin.

Comment

Hi Ben
                          I made the doors myself. I am sending photos and description of complete build to Dave Cunnington and it includes about 10 photos of the doors at different stages of being made. If it would be useful to you I could send you a copy of the complete build.
                          Barry

Comment

Hi Barry,

I could really use the progress photos of the making. It’s something I’m going to have to pretty early on in my build.

would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Sorry Barry missed your post. I can scrounge any useful pics off of DC thanks.
                              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
                              X