GT6 Marlin on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT6 Marlin on ebay

Buy Kit Cars and get the best deals at the lowest prices on eBay! Great Savings & Free Delivery / Collection on many items

MOT & Tax exempt on an age related plate.

Re: GT6 Marlin on ebay

Unfortunately it is registered as a Triumph GT6 in Red.
    Quite clearly it is a Marlin Roadster in Silver.
    You might get away with it if you never present the car for an MOT or get stopped by the police.
    However, the insurance companies are now getting wise to all this so if you were to have an accident and they want to wriggle out of paying money then they simply say that the reg docs are wrong, even though you have insured it as a Marlin Roadster.
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Do not bank on policemen not knowing about kit cars. Sat in my Locust one day a nice copper came up for a chat. He was a mine of info about kit cars, and so are a lot of police. So a red GT6 registered Marlin would be blindingly obvious on ANPR. Unless it has a Triumph chassis, then maybe a body change is possible?
      Last edited by HairyDave; 04-07-20, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Had a look through the roadster galleries it’s there with a different registration but definitely the same car odd ?

Comment

There is a lot of it about, Dutton Cobras for one,'50s Series 1 Landrovers with coil springs and V8s. On ebay there was a kit car advertised 'no reg no docs' they are going on another car! It came down the next day. Be sure your sins will find you out!
          Just thought, if the new owner gets the old reg can't he get it re-reged and someone has no reg and problems?
          Last edited by HairyDave; 31-07-20, 08:07 AM. Reason: Adition after dcunn

Comment

So please give me the other registration number and I will have a look

Comment

RDU969G

Comment

Definitely the same car but the ref plates cannot be seen it’s just listed with the picture

Comment

Thanks thackery, agreed , it looks like the same car.

Comment

Hi just checked the ref and it all matches up the car is sorn and as the details are correct does this mean there is another cloned car if so they will be on thin ice as the original is still on the road all be it with the incorrect registration and V5

Comment

Now there is a surprise its been sold again now with no V5 or reg number.
                      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

is it on e bay

Comment

It’s still on dvla under it’s original reg and I can’t see it on ebay

Comment

its now been sold
                            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

It was on ebay. It looks like someone has taken the GT6 identity and engine.
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marlin-Ki...sAAOSw-01fL5SX

Comment

Working...
                              X