Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not knowing as much as I wish

Q848 PWS

Hi all.. My name is Richard, from Bristol and just this weekend bought my Roadster, albeit a large project, I haven’t been this excited to start something in a long time.
    she was last used on the road 27/11/1987 and I couldn’t be keener on getting life back into her.
    i purchased it off a lovely gent opposite me that used to work at rolls Royce, who built it from scratch, based on the GT6 and 1600 pinto engine. Very much apart and in bits at the moment, engine is going to my place of work this weekend, as I work in a Nissan garage, so luckily have access to tools etc.

im very sorry if I pester you all for information and silly questions, but I cannot bare the thought of her sat in that garage for another 30 years. She utterly deserves to be back on the road. I will keep updating threads etc with progress and how everything is going.. looking forward to chatting and meeting people when we are allowed.

also put up the hay day pics that we in the considerably comprehensive history file. Down to ever but washer and part.

so big hello to you all

Rich
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lancasterlore; 01-07-20, 08:58 PM.

Re: Not knowing as much as I wish

Hi Rich, welcome to the club.
    You will find plenty of advice on here so just ask.
    If you start a single thread on your project then add to it each time would be easier for everyone to keep track.
    Have a browse around and read some of the rebuild diaries as it will give you answers to many of your future questions.
    Cheers and all the best, Martin.

Comment

Hi Martin

yeah that does make a lot more sense, will do that when I start her properly this weekend.

thank you very much, look forward to a lot more time on here

Comment

Wow, another early Triumph car has reappeared, what a time capsule !

Welcome Rich, looks like you have a great project there.

Having enlarged a part of one of your pics I still can't quite read the car/kit number
        ...it will be something like 1165 28 09 81 so please tell me what it is

What was the builders name ?

Rgds Dave Cunnington, Club Archivist
        Attached Files
        Last edited by dcunn; 01-07-20, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Hang on a minute.... have we morphed into an episode of Chasing Classic Cars? Wayne would be in raptures over that.

Good luck with the resto, I look forward to the build diary.
          2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Hi Dave, yeah I have the receipt for the donar car with my history pack, it was a 1969 gt6 1998cc.

when I go to her on Saturday I will get the chassis number and vin for you.

the guy is called Richard Sweet that built it.

Comment

Rich, your car is confirmed as chassis /kit number 1130 28 05 81

Mr R H Sweet collected it from the factory on 30 May 1981

The kit was built to accept a Ford OHC engine

Please contact me on my home email, as in Pitstop, so that we
              can swap stuff away from this public Forum

Rgds DC

Comment

Hi rich congratulations, what a lovely project. A vacuum and polish and the cockpit will be fine. That will keep you amused for months or even years. Remember, if something is not going right, just walk away and come back another day, it will keep. Good luck. Dave
                P.S. Very soon you will be knowing a lot more.

Comment

So..albeit delayed she is now out of the garage and sat on my drive. Time for a clean up this weekend.

Comment

Oh, lovely. Give it a wash and maybe even Tcut, seriously, it will look so much better straight off, the enthusiasm will increase. Do cosmetic bits from time to time just for a change from rust and grease. Forgive my ignorance, but is that on a Triumph chassis?
                    Good luck it's going to look great. PS It's nice to see a garage as tidy and organised as mine!

Comment

Looking forward to seeing it back on the road and reading about the restoration
                      Liz

Comment

Working...
                      X