Sportster Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportster Screen

Small chance I know but does anyone have a windscreen assembly for a Sportster that they would like to get rid of?

Re: Sportster Screen

If your desperate you could try this company

Price would be interesting!!
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Or talk to David Siddall, he's often on here and currently building a (another) Sportster himself.

I do know that he's had to be very lateral thinking and imaginative with the windscreen !

Comment

Thanks both.

Comment

As DC has said I'm in the process of trying to build another Sportster and because I aquired an unfinished kit minus bodywork I'm having to build it using largely Cabrio panels that I have managed to beg , steal, so on. IMHO the Sportster windscreen is a poor effort in the first place so I thought that trying to adapt a MG Midget/Sprite screen to fit might be aesthetically more satisfying. So far, I hasten to add I've only got as far as cutting a suitable frame down to size and making fixings for it. Still big hurdles to clear regarding sourcing a screen glass to fit ( the Sportster is 6 inches narrower than a Midget/Sprite, would you believe). Anyway that's the story so far. Regards David.

Comment

Thanks, will take a look. Another direction I have been considering was seeing if anything can be done with a Westfield or GBS screen.

Comment

I really like this windscreen. Based on the Lotus 7, Caterham, Locost etc. style and is full width of the car which I feel looks better than the Marlin supplied one. Always felt the Marlin windscreen looked a bit "perched on top" with it being narrower than the car.
              E293-RRP-Stoneleigh-2013.jpg

I also like your idea of the Westfield windscreen. Below is a picture of the NG TC V8 with a Westfield screen fitted. It really changes the look of the car and looks great in matt black.
              thumb_11378563736DSC_3215.jpg
              Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
              - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Thanks Jon, yes do like the look of the Westfield screen in black on the NG

Comment

To my eyes the Sportster one in chrome and with the triple wipers looks more in keeping with the car. Perhaps if they hadn't used the modern door mirrors on the NG then I could warm to that one. As ever, ask a hundred people and get a hundred differing opinions; whatever one takes 'your' fancy is the one to have.
                  2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Go Retro and Biggles https://www.europaspares.com/brooklands-aeroscreen.html

Comment

Unfortunately I dint think my wife would appreciate going “the full Biggles”!

Comment

Originally posted by dcjsimons View Post
                        Unfortunately I dint think my wife would appreciate going “the full Biggles”!
                        Nah, a couple of these:

The seriously warm Beaufighter Long Neck Sheepskin Helmet has a small peak, long neck, and goggle strap.

And a pair of those:

And you'll be totally sorted.......
                        2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

If they don’t persuade her one of these will certainly turn any young ladies head:
                          Made in USA, the iconic B-3 American Shearling tailored especially for women offered in soft supple double-faced Shearling.

RAF versions also available.

Comment

Working...
                          X