• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfinished Cabrio V8 on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203050724156?ul_noapp=true

No photos up yet.

Re: Unfinished Cabrio V8 on eBay

Interesting photos. I am trying hard not to want a new project. Seems a very cheap start.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
      Interesting photos. I am trying hard not to want a new project. Seems a very cheap start.
      It’s a bit naughty calling it a V8 Cabrio when it doesn’t have an engine let alone a V8!

Is it a LWB?

Comment

Yes, its a bit like me saying mine has a Ferrari engine in it, except I haven't actually fitted one yet. I suppose he's inferring that it has mounts for a V8?

Doesn't seem to be enough clues to whether its a LWB
        2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Any body wants to buy this Cabrio I have a rebuilt 3900cc and gearbox on the garage floor, new clutch, new 4 barrel etc etc Danny Nelswon

Comment

.......and emailng with the seller today he said that he'd only had some very low texted offers
            so maybe it could be even less than the starting price !

Comment

No takers and relisted: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203057040...m=203057040533

Does the Cabrio have the same problems with IVA as a Roadster?

Comment

Originally posted by jon_wilkinson View Post
                No takers and relisted: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203057040...m=203057040533

Does the Cabrio have the same problems with IVA as a Roadster?
                And an unregistered Berlinetta with a dodgy front sub frame, used in a manner not intended by the original manufacturer.
                MOC member since 05/97
                1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Jon,
                  My Cabrio was the first to go through IVA. I had a some of minor issues (nuts needing covering in front suspension, radius of the 'mudguards', chassis number on wrong side of car and no warning on brake fluid reservoir specifying which standard brake fluid required.)
                  Chris

Comment

Thanks, Chris. That being the case this looks like an attractive project. Just wish that I had the space.

Comment

There's a magazine article regarding either SVA or IVA and the Cabrio, right now I haven't the time to locate it
                      but here's an early reference (Which Kit March 1998) to Cabrio being SVA compliant
                      DC
                      Attached Files

Comment

IVA (Introduced in 2009) is much more stringent than SVA.
                        Basically you need to get the latest copy of the IVA manual and go through it one item at a time. When my Cabrio went through IVA it was 286 pages.......
                        The test takes most of a day.

Comment

Working...
                        X