Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen Drawing

I am making progress on getting my Mk2 Roadster on the road here in NZ

I have modified the Chassis to meet NZ requirements and the front bulkhead to meet my allergy to the Marina pedal box

Pictures later

Has anybody got a drawing of the windscreen they can send me!!

Re: Windscreen Drawing

Hi Duncan
    As I understand it, there are at least 3 templates for the glass as the Roadster was changed over its production life.
    Your best bet is to get a sheet of 5mm MDF / Plywood and make a template to the exact dimensions of your car. At least this way you will know it will definitely fit.
    The glass cutter you choose will be more than happy to cut to your template, probably more so than a drawing.
    Jon
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

I did a drawing of my windscreen for a Marina based roadster.
      You could draw this out on card and try it as a starting point
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, agreed that a ply/mdf template is the best route

However, make it a "sloppy" fit in the frame otherwise it will possibly be under
        stress - you need some wiggle room, and then the mastic will hold it in place

Comment

Hi Guys
          I made an initial template from John's drawing
          Not quite the same as mine but close enough for me to get the same

I assume that the glass needs to be smaller than the inside of the frame

Question how much of a gap should I be working for inside the frame -
          it looks as if the frame is about 13 mm deep at the front and 12 mm deep at the back

Should I aim for a 6 mm gap?

Comment

Just to add some input to this, A glass cutter used a land rover defender screen and cut that to size so it had all the right markings for mot & and iva. Possibly not a problem for N Z.

Cheers

Phil

Comment

Working...
            X