No announcement yet.

Part numbers for bits that wear out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part numbers for bits that wear out...

Is there a list of part numbers anywhere for those bits that wear out and have to be replaced from time to time. ie bushes, ball joints, track rod ends, brake cylinders etc? It would be a very useful thing to have as a reference.
    If not shall we start one?

I am happy to asssemble it if those with the knowledge can supply the information.

Cheers, Robin

Re: Part numbers for bits that wear out...

Originally posted by martinclan56 View Post
    Is there a list of part numbers anywhere for those bits that wear out and have to be replaced from time to time. ie bushes, ball joints, track rod ends, brake cylinders etc? It would be a very useful thing to have as a reference.
    If not shall we start one?

I am happy to asssemble it if those with the knowledge can supply the information.

Cheers, Robin

I have shared the parts lists for Mk1 and Mk2 Marina donor cars on Keepandshare. See my forum signature.

Many parts are shared across the BL parts bins with other models especially Small Triumphs, but things like steering racks and clutch slave cylinders are Marina exclusives.
    Some creativity or extra research overcomes most issues.

But feel free to start your own list.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

OK. Thanks. I guessed somebody must have already done it. I'll take a look. No.point in reinventing the wheel.
      Cheers Robin

Comment

Originally posted by martinclan56 View Post
        OK. Thanks. I guessed somebody must have already done it. I'll take a look. No.point in reinventing the wheel.
        Cheers Robin
        I made the assumption that you are talking Marina Roadsters.
        The Marina is poorly supported by dealers compared with Triumphs the two main donors.

There was a company called Earlpart whose stocks were bought by Longbridge Motor spares.
        When you find them, their current stocklist is from 2016 and has not changed since.

Its not helped by the fact that they do not use BL part numbers.

MOC member since 05/97
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

Hi Steve
          I joined the keep and share but can only see dvla related stuff. The Marlin folder seems to be empty. Do you have to "friend" me? My username is martinclan
          Cheers Robin.

Comment

Yes I do.
            i have recently changed the login requirements.
            Its still free if you follow my instructions ! Despite what others may claim. I have no access to personal data.
            Tell me your Keepandshare username and I will enable access. If you don’t want to, that’s fine.
            MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
              Yes I do.
              i have recently changed the login requirements.
              Its still free if you follow my instructions ! Despite what others may claim. I have no access to personal data.
              Tell me your Keepandshare username and I will enable access. If you don’t want to, that’s fine.

I have found you on Keepandshare. Hopefully you can now see my whole archive or at least the Marlin section.

its really easy.
              MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Working...
              X