Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: Marlin Hunter V8 - Dual servo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11 Re: Marlin Hunter V8 - Dual servo 
    forum contributor
    Thanks again. Yes, I think the angle can be solved with your rose joint suggestion. I'll post a photo to show you, but when the new dual servo and master cylinder are joined and then bolted on the bulkhead, it protrudes so that the side panel wont fit .

2. #12 Re: Marlin Hunter V8 - Dual servo 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member Mike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monomer5 View Post
    Thanks again. Yes, I think the angle can be solved with your rose joint suggestion. I'll post a photo to show you, but when the new dual servo and master cylinder are joined and then bolted on the bulkhead, it protrudes so that the side panel wont fit .
    Hi Monomer

It is pleasing to see Hunter V8 owners are still adopting this huge brake improvement- it transforms the car from a “squeaky bum ride” into a sporty car you can push on with confidence.

As an update to the upgrade, please make sure your brake pedal has a reasonable return spring fitted (one from an early Landrover has been effective for several owners). Several owners reported issues with brakes binding after being used.
    The issue seems to be the dual servo not self sealing properly, with the resulting slight vacuum leak applying a small amount of pressure on the master cylinder. After several miles of this the brakes get incredibly hot.

A reasonable return spring ensures the servo self seals and the brakes work incredibly well.

Do you have the photos of Warren sat in the Hunter? Marlin sent me copies years ago as I love the paint finish on your car.

Good luck with getting the servo installation to fit. Sounds like a couple of washers should do the trick.
    Regards
    Mike

3. #13 Re: Marlin Hunter V8 - Dual servo 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member greyV8pete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greyV8pete View Post
    Aha! Ditto here. Am sending you a PM. Peter.

P.S. I seem to think that on later Hunters Marlin angled the front of the pedal box to avoid needing the packing washers? The pedal / servo angle issue remains though. Peter.
    Hi again. Did you receive my PM ok?