• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marlin Hunter V8 - Dual servo

IMG_4978.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by monomer5 View Post
      Thanks Mike and Pete for your help on this. Mike, sorry, no photos of him sitting in it - but will go back through my photo box. New dual servo has been fitted and braking seems to be working well. I was getting very hot rear brakes but this seems to have been due to sticky calipers . The car hasn't been used for several years. I think this has cured the problem, but will take up the suggestion to fit the return spring on the brake pedal . Will post some photos later.
      Sticking brakes has been a common problem experienced by adopters of this dual servo: the return spring on the pedal is essential.

Comment

Never had this problem on mine [JR 07 L0T]

Comment

Originally posted by dogoncrazy View Post
          Never had this problem on mine [JR 07 L0T]
          Did you have a return spring on the brake pedal?

Comment

I have never had a problem with sticking brakes since I fitted my dual servo. I retained the original clevis pin but slightly elongated the outer hole to accommodate the characteristic misalignment of the servo and pedal. I acquired, but never fitted, two rose joints from different sources and notice that one is quite free but the other is noticeably stiff. I have a theory that it may be due to this friction that the pedal (and servo valving) is unable to return to its stop without the assistance of the extra spring. Peter.

Comment

Hi Mike
              No return spring fitted. Servo and adapter plate that you had made up, together with a 'bullet ' shaped fitting for the pushrod between servo and master cylinder . Seem to remember checking and rechecking measurement so I didn't end up with the brakes dragging. Didn't have any alignment issues either so maybe I was lucky.
              Incidentally , Alison and I weren't too far from you on Tuesday , passing through Boston on our way home in the Cabrio.

Comment

Working...
              X