size of battery in A/H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• size of battery in A/H

I am wondering what size of battery to get for my 2 L DOHC Cabrio it looks like it needs 60A/h but that looks like a tight fit in the box
    Any suggestions would be very welcome
    Many thanks
    Nigel

Re: size of battery in A/H

Not sure where your battery fits in the Cabrio, but here are flics of the Hunter installation. This battery is a Bosch S4-004 (12v)! 60A/H 540A [CCA]? which turns the 2.3 DOHC over much better than its knackered predecessor did.

It is marginally taller, needing a little taken out of the bonnet hinge, partly due to me fitting a rubber sheet/gasket under the battery to protect the bulkhead moulding.

www.thebatteryshop.co.uk - £72 delivered
    Last edited by kahawi; 03-08-20, 01:35 PM. Reason: Added Battery type number and removed http://
    Marlin Hunter R500 ULA 1997 Ford-Based Hunter with 2.3 DOHC L4 engine, chassis/kit No. 157

Comment

Battery size 063 is one size that has been used

Comment

Many thanks l will see if l can get one that size to fit N

Comment

Thank you for your repl

Comment

Whew I am glad I looked at your pictures again before ordering thank you
            I think I need to go and scratch my head again
            Nigel

Comment

With this little baby you don't have to worry about size.

20171105_165300.jpg

Comment

what is that!!??

Comment

Originally posted by marlin munroe View Post
                  what is that!!??
                  I believe that's a high A/H motorbike battery, a lot of the Lotus 7 facing fraternity use them as they are both small and reliable, plus I believe they are solid state so you can pretty much mount them how and where you want. On my wish list.
                  2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Its the battery in my Marlin. Powerful, reliable and small. This has been my battery of choice for two years now and the car starts on the button and is around the same cost as a standard battery.

Can even be oriented upside down.

Great battery and don't know why modern cars don't use them.

Regards

Adrian

what is that!!??

Comment

Which brand did you go for?
                      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

The baby you require is a Powervamp Odyssey PC680.

This will easily turn anything upto a two litre engine.

For £99 you get battery and aluminium braket.

They are small, compact and can be mounted in any orientation.

Adrian

P.S. It's what I have used on my Roadster.

See thread http://www.marlinownersclub.com/foru...hlight=Battery

There is a picture of the install there, I covered up the gapping hole for the original and mounted it on the bulkhead, now the passenger has some foot room.

Comment

I cant read the manufacturers name ..the retailer seems to have badged it with his own markings

what is the model number, and the ampage?

If its the one I think it is, then is only about 16 amps? but supposed to be able to crank at 1500amps for 5 seconds.......I dont understand how it works

And if I purchased something that just looked like it ( apparent size and shape and position of terminals) it could be of ANY rating?

Comment

The company that makes them is Powervamp, the model is Odyssey and the model number is 680. I don't profess to know how they work, they just do. I had one in my 1.6 Marlin for 4 years and never failed to start the engine. I have had this battery in now for two years and again excellent.

My Marlins are left out in all weathers and I have never taking the battery off the car. They are compact, powerful and I would recommend them to anyone.

Link

Used on Formula Renault cars it will deliver the cranking required on high compression engines up to 3.5 litres.

Adrian

I cant read the manufacturers name ..the retailer seems to have badged it with his own markings

If its the one I think it is, then is only about 16 amps? but supposed to be able to crank at 1500amps for 5 seconds.......I dont understand how it works

And if I purchased something that just looked like it ( apparent size and shape and position of terminals) it could be of ANY rating?
                            Last edited by listerjp2; 29-11-20, 05:05 PM.

Comment

The cranking amps is limited by the batteries internal resistance and is independent of, although related to, its amp hour capacity. I guess Oddesy use a technology that means the internal resistance is kept low. Which explains the cost....
                              Cheers Robin

Comment

Working...
                              X