Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: size of battery in A/H

1. #11 Re: size of battery in A/H 
    Which brand did you go for?

2. #12 Re: size of battery in A/H 
    club member Club Member listerjp2's Avatar
    The baby you require is a Powervamp Odyssey PC680.

This will easily turn anything upto a two litre engine.

For £99 you get battery and aluminium braket.

They are small, compact and can be mounted in any orientation.

http://www.powervamp.com/?s=Pc680

Adrian

P.S. It's what I have used on my Roadster.

See thread http://www.marlinownersclub.com/foru...hlight=Battery

There is a picture of the install there, I covered up the gapping hole for the original and mounted it on the bulkhead, now the passenger has some foot room.

3. #13 Re: size of battery in A/H 
    club member Club Member
    I cant read the manufacturers name ..the retailer seems to have badged it with his own markings

what is the model number, and the ampage?

If its the one I think it is, then is only about 16 amps? but supposed to be able to crank at 1500amps for 5 seconds.......I dont understand how it works

And if I purchased something that just looked like it ( apparent size and shape and position of terminals) it could be of ANY rating?

4. #14 Re: size of battery in A/H 
    The company that makes them is Powervamp, the model is Odyssey and the model number is 680. I don't profess to know how they work, they just do. I had one in my 1.6 Marlin for 4 years and never failed to start the engine. I have had this battery in now for two years and again excellent.

My Marlins are left out in all weathers and I have never taking the battery off the car. They are compact, powerful and I would recommend them to anyone.

Link

https://www.powervamp.com/products/b...pc680-battery/

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by marlin munroe View Post
    I cant read the manufacturers name ..the retailer seems to have badged it with his own markings

If its the one I think it is, then is only about 16 amps? but supposed to be able to crank at 1500amps for 5 seconds.......I dont understand how it works

And if I purchased something that just looked like it ( apparent size and shape and position of terminals) it could be of ANY rating?
    Last edited by listerjp2; 29-11-2020 at 05:05 PM.

5. #15 Re: size of battery in A/H 
    club member Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marlin munroe View Post

The cranking amps is limited by the batteries internal resistance and is independent of, although related to, its amp hour capacity. I guess Oddesy use a technology that means the internal resistance is kept low. Which explains the cost....
    Cheers Robin

6. #16 Re: size of battery in A/H 
    You can get a Powervamp 680 for £109, an equivalent from Halford will cost you £100.

Not much difference and the Powervamp gave my passenger their legroom back.

It also meant I gained room in the engine compartment.

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by martinclan56 View Post
    The cranking amps is limited by the batteries internal resistance and is independent of, although related to, its amp hour capacity. I guess Oddesy use a technology that means the internal resistance is kept low. Which explains the cost....
    Cheers Robin

7. #17 Re: size of battery in A/H 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member angusgrooby's Avatar
    I have the varley red top 25 battery (the same as the 680 but slightly higher amp hour) on my pinto berly and I feel sometimes it struggles with turning it over for any length of time this may be because I have a mechanical fuel pump but still feel it slows down to quickly but on my zetec roadster it is great.
    To sumerise I would go for the next size up if it's going on a 2.0 pinto.
    Angus