Marlin body on Gumtree Plymouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin body on Gumtree Plymouth

I've just spotted this red body and chassis on Gumtree, Plymouth.

Screenshot_2020-08-04 Marlin Roadster kit 1983 in Plymouth, Devon Gumtree.jpg

Re: Marlin body on Gumtree Plymouth

At that price it's got to be of value to somebody on here !

Comment

Originally posted by dogoncrazy View Post
      At that price it's got to be of value to somebody on here !
      With those wheels too.
      Looks like SWB, what is the overall length of that, just wondering if it would fit in my van.

Comment

Only problem with this for me is my OCD about the number plate. As explained in a previous post about a Marina pickup with ‘V’ in the registration.

Comment

Those are Cosmic and are at least £50 each

Adrian

Originally posted by meverett View Post
          With those wheels too.
          Looks like SWB, what is the overall length of that, just wondering if it would fit in my van.

Comment

Is there a V5 with it ?

It's not in the archive, DVLA says 1998cc engine, Tax due Sept 1988, wonder which car it is ?

Anyone on Gumtree who could ask please ?
            Last edited by dcunn; 04-08-20, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
              Is there a V5 with it ?

It's not in the archive, DVLA says 1998cc engine, Tax due Sept 1988, wonder which car it is ?

Anyone on Gumtree who could ask please ?
              I have asked the owner a few questions including the V5c and kit number, I will let you know if I get a reply.
              Cheers, Martin.

Comment

Reply from the owner and original builder Tim.

Yes it’s available and yes it was based on the marina back axle. I built the car almost 38 years ago. The Cosmic alloys came from Marlin as extras and there are 5. I will check the PCD tomorrow. Likewise the length as it is the SWB version and will look for the kit number although I don’t recall it. I don’t think I have the V5 however the original registration was as per the plate ie Q85JDV. I did have the original assembly instructions but will need to look in the archives for it. I built the car at the same time as the workshop foreman at Marlin built his which was a special based on the 1750 twin cam Alfa engine like their first demo. He was sadly killed in the car shortly after finishing it. I have
                Met Paul Moorhouse the designer many many times latterly when he was trialling his submarine here in Plymouth. I was intending to rebuild the car about ten years ago and had the chassis powder coated then so it’s in decent condition apart from minor rust showings. I’d like it to go to a good home. Will revert tomorrow. Tim

Comment

Working...
                X