Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page  Click here to sign up
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: For Sale - LWB Cabrio Body Panels

frequent forum contributor Club Member

For Sale - LWB Cabrio Body Panels

PANELS NOW SOLD AND GONE TO A GOOD HOME

Full set of LWB Cabrio body panels including:

Nosecone, bonnet tops, bonnet sides, front wings, front inner wings, doors, rear wings, rear tub and boot lid.

The panels were built onto a chassis at one point but are still in gel coat/bare aluminium unpainted, I no longer have the chassis to go with these.

I would prefer to sell them as a job lot to a club member, good investment for someone for spares in the event of damage to their existing vehicle.

Would accept £500 from a club member before I resort to the dreaded eBay.

PM me for further details, collection would be from Leeds, 5 minutes from junction 46 of the M1.

LWB PROJECT NOW SOLD

Also likely to be putting up my 90% rebuilt LWB BMW engined Hunter up for sale shortly as a bargain price easy project, along with a long list of other Marlin parts. Feel free to contact me for details if this may be of interest and I can provide further details. The Hunter is fully registered with matching numbers V5 on a SORN and will only require MOT on completion.

Cheers

John
    Last edited by cabrioman; 11-09-2020 at 02:02 PM.

Re: For Sale - LWB Cabrio Body Panels

These need to go ... £400 - PANELS NOW SOLD AND GONE TO A GOOD HOME

John
    Last edited by cabrioman; 05-09-2020 at 03:37 PM.

club member Club Member

have you any other body parts available as i am looking for some for my sportster

Sorry no all gone

I do have a pair of rear Cabrio wings, one currently in my possession and the other will be in a few days time.

club member Club Member

please let me know how much you want for them

frequent forum contributor Club Member Mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stewart 27 View Post
    have you any other body parts available as i am looking for some for my sportster

Stewart

Are you planning to use cycle wings at the front?, or to make it as a Cabrio? The rear wings are different between a Sportster and Cabrio, but could probably be converted more easily than trying to make up new wings.
    I have a rear tub with boot, for a Cabrio - they would go with Geoff's rear wings, and probably fit on anything but a late Sportster chassis.
    I also have a pair of front wings to suit a Short wheel base Cabrio - if you are interested (but I guess not?).
    If you are interested I am not looking for much -I bought them to stop them being thrown away.
    regards
    Mike

club member Club Member

I am willing to look at all the options where are you based

club member Club Member

Will tub fit on a sportster chassis

frequent forum contributor Club Member Mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stewart 27 View Post
    Will tub fit on a sportster chassis
    Honest answer is I do not know for sure. But I do know the original Sportster was based on the Cabrio from when it was Ford based: it then moved over to BMW E30 based, when I believe the chassis was still very similar. Then it progressed onto the BMW E36 base and lately on to the 5 series. I have no idea how similar these chassis are, but Marlin did not have the resources to re-design the chassis so will have "modified it each time to suit.
    Long story short, I think there is a very good chance you will be able to utilise the tub.

I would be quite happy for you to take it on a trial basis and offer it up - if it fits, great - if it can be modified to fit, great. If it will not fit (unlikely) bring it back at no cost.

I live in South Lincolnshire
    PE114JQ