X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale - LWB Cabrio Body Panels

PANELS NOW SOLD AND GONE TO A GOOD HOME

Full set of LWB Cabrio body panels including:

Nosecone, bonnet tops, bonnet sides, front wings, front inner wings, doors, rear wings, rear tub and boot lid.

The panels were built onto a chassis at one point but are still in gel coat/bare aluminium unpainted, I no longer have the chassis to go with these.

I would prefer to sell them as a job lot to a club member, good investment for someone for spares in the event of damage to their existing vehicle.

Would accept £500 from a club member before I resort to the dreaded eBay.

PM me for further details, collection would be from Leeds, 5 minutes from junction 46 of the M1.

LWB PROJECT NOW SOLD

Also likely to be putting up my 90% rebuilt LWB BMW engined Hunter up for sale shortly as a bargain price easy project, along with a long list of other Marlin parts. Feel free to contact me for details if this may be of interest and I can provide further details. The Hunter is fully registered with matching numbers V5 on a SORN and will only require MOT on completion.

Cheers

John
    Last edited by cabrioman; 11-09-20, 02:02 PM.

Re: For Sale - LWB Cabrio Body Panels

These need to go ... £400 - PANELS NOW SOLD AND GONE TO A GOOD HOME

John
    Last edited by cabrioman; 05-09-20, 03:37 PM.

Comment

have you any other body parts available as i am looking for some for my sportster

Comment

Sorry no all gone

Comment

I do have a pair of rear Cabrio wings, one currently in my possession and the other will be in a few days time.

Comment

please let me know how much you want for them

Comment

Originally posted by stewart 27 View Post
              have you any other body parts available as i am looking for some for my sportster

Stewart

Are you planning to use cycle wings at the front?, or to make it as a Cabrio? The rear wings are different between a Sportster and Cabrio, but could probably be converted more easily than trying to make up new wings.
              I have a rear tub with boot, for a Cabrio - they would go with Geoff's rear wings, and probably fit on anything but a late Sportster chassis.
              I also have a pair of front wings to suit a Short wheel base Cabrio - if you are interested (but I guess not?).
              If you are interested I am not looking for much -I bought them to stop them being thrown away.
              regards
              Mike

Comment

I am willing to look at all the options where are you based

Comment

Will tub fit on a sportster chassis

Comment

Honest answer is I do not know for sure. But I do know the original Sportster was based on the Cabrio from when it was Ford based: it then moved over to BMW E30 based, when I believe the chassis was still very similar. Then it progressed onto the BMW E36 base and lately on to the 5 series. I have no idea how similar these chassis are, but Marlin did not have the resources to re-design the chassis so will have "modified it each time to suit.
                    Long story short, I think there is a very good chance you will be able to utilise the tub.

I would be quite happy for you to take it on a trial basis and offer it up - if it fits, great - if it can be modified to fit, great. If it will not fit (unlikely) bring it back at no cost.

I live in South Lincolnshire
                    PE114JQ

Comment

Stewart

I’ve just read your query under Roadsters.
                      Do you have a Sportster and a Roadster? They are very different cars .

Comment

Hi Stewart. I am currently doing what you are proposing i.e.scavenging panels from everywhere to fit to a Sportster chassis. In my case it's an e30 chassis but I doubt there will be a huge difference to an e36. A Cabrio tub does fit on mine. remarkably well in fact, allbeit with a little re-modelling where it meets the door. It's also possible with a bit of ingenuity to adapt Cabrio doors.If you would like to chat on the subject my contact details are in Pitstop (Peak District Meet). Regards David.

Comment

thank you very much i will be pleased to take you up on this offer i am only 15 miles north lincoln but at the moment down in weston super mare can i arrange to collect when i am back at home it may 2 weeks

Comment

thank you very much i think it will be good to talk i have both a roadster hybrid kit and a e36 sportster kit
                            stewart

Comment

that can you contact me when you have the 2 wings available and postcode
                              stewart

Comment

Working...
                              X