• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabrio

+1 ^
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

I had some issues last year at the normal place I go to - they failed my Sportster for high hydrocarbons - they used the wrong test criteria for age of the engine.

It's an 1988 engine so no CAT and the car has an F plate (Motronic EFI). I dug the SVA paper work out including a letter from BMW stating the engine number is from an F plate donor car and the listing for emission requirements 1988 models.

Ended up not needing it as the more experienced person apologised for the mess and passed it. Seems the newer folks taking up MOT testing need to read the rules as well as learn from the more experienced people.
      BMW E30 Sportster 2005 - M20B28 - Build Log and Updates http://www.msportster.co.uk/
      http://www.modelog.co.uk/
      http://www.mustang67.co.uk/

Comment

Hi All
        I have just had my 88 reg Cabrio MOT and a Pass was finally awarded. My car is fitted with a 205 series 2.0 Pinto Engine with Weber 32/36 DCGV Carburettor and it struggled on Co emissions, the limit was 3.5 and mine was coming in at 4.6, but to give the tester his due he tweaked the air screw on the weber until it came in spec and the final reading was 3.1
        Having just acquired this car I don't know yet if the air screw adjustment has made any difference to the engines performance, I do have other issues that I'm trying to sort like why I cant get it to go faster than 55/60 mph, I will be performing trails with various carb air screw settings, remembering where the air screw position is now of course. I do keep getting a lot of brown silt in the carb bowl despite having an in-line filter installed this keeps blocking the jets, so the carb is on and off like the proverbial lady of the nights undergarments. I'm drawing all the fuel out of the system today with a vacuum pump and flushing it through with clean fuel so see if that improves things. All digits crossed.

Regards to All,

Mick.

Comment

Hi Mick
          I have on word document Weber set up instructions and on pdf Weber troubleshooter which may or may not be of use to you.
          Unable to see how to attach these though I may be missing something obvious
          If you want them let me know your E Mail address and I can send them
          Dave

Comment

I was taught that it should sound like sizzling bacon Have you done a compression test?
            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Hi Dave Thank you that would be a valuable source of information my email is [email protected] it would be great to set it up properly.

Kind Regards

Mick.

Comment

Working...
              X