Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Marina Roadster Spares

1. #11 Re: Marina Roadster Spares 
    Quote Originally Posted by jon_cox View Post
    Also, I was lead to believe that the hole doubled up as a way to centre the rack when fitting.
    Yes that's right I remember doing that when I first fitted the rack back in 86... funny the things you remember!
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

2. #12 Re: Marina Roadster Spares 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member stevejgreen's Avatar
    One of the downsides of this forum is that the search engine is lacking and that this thread is about Marina Roadster spares but has veered off rapidly after my question about the application of a steering rack. A search in five years time, however would you phrase it, would not necessarily find it.

My doc has been unedited since 2015, should it be updated with new ‘found’ data or is it still a reasonable source?
    I would be happy to edit it If there are verified sources of information? Meanwhile it stays with 1166 downloads.

Carry on nit picking.
    Last edited by stevejgreen; 27-08-2020 at 05:50 PM.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

3. #13 Re: Marina Roadster Spares 
    club member
    I'm in the market for a working Mk1 rack if anyone has one going? Mine failed Mot as it had been stood a long while before I bought and steering was stiff. I thought if I topped up the oil and used it a while it would losen up but it spat the oil out of the drivers side.

4. #14 Re: Marina Roadster Spares 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member stevejgreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dalescarr View Post
    I'm in the market for a working Mk1 rack if anyone has one going? Mine failed Mot as it had been stood a long while before I bought and steering was stiff. I thought if I topped up the oil and used it a while it would losen up but it spat the oil out of the drivers side.
    At the risk of repeating myself, take a look at Keepandshare, lots of info on steering racks.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

5. #15 Re: Marina Roadster Spares 
    I'm in the market for a working Mk1 rack if anyone has one going? Mine failed Mot as it had been stood a long while before I bought and steering was stiff. I thought if I topped up the oil and used it a while it would loosen up but it spat the oil out of the drivers side.
    I had this problem, one of the reason I stopped using mine. When I recommissioned it I greased it rather than adding oil. Simply pop off the boots and smother the rack in grease and work it back and forth to distribute it. Might be easier than trying to find another rack.
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

6. #16 Re: Marina Roadster Spares 
    club member Club Member

Where is the oil coming from? If it's just from the boots I would have thought you should just be able to get generic replacements.

Cheers, Robin

7. #17 Re: Marina Roadster Spares 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member b_caswell's Avatar
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/372790768499

used but could be useful??
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

8. #18 Re: Marina Roadster Spares 
    club member Club Member listerjp2's Avatar
    MK2 😂

9. #19 Re: Marina Roadster Spares 
    I will, pm you

Adrian

10. #20 Re: Marina Roadster Spares 
    Some of us can help by direct action, rather than by words.

Ask other members who I have supplied knowledge and parts.

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by stevejgreen View Post
    One of the downsides of this forum is that the search engine is lacking and that this thread is about Marina Roadster spares but has veered off rapidly after my question about the application of a steering rack. A search in five years time, however would you phrase it, would not necessarily find it.

My doc has been unedited since 2015, should it be updated with new ‘found’ data or is it still a reasonable source?
    I would be happy to edit it If there are verified sources of information? Meanwhile it stays with 1166 downloads.

Carry on nit picking.