Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marina Roadster Spares

Originally posted by andyf View Post
    Yes Steve, I agree that upgrading the bushes is a good place to start and I will be doing that as part of this exercise. The first target would be to replace the saddle bushes (I think that's what they are called) the ones that the ubolts clamp around the leaf spring if that makes sense as mine look very second hand now. I'll start a thread on the anti-tramp bars when I get round to building them. Currently I'm thinking of taking the same approach as Sylva did on their live axle cars as it is quite neat and tidy, it also requires no chassis mods...
    A good starting point IMHO is https://www.frontlinedevelopments.co...ear-suspension
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

I had a pair but snapped up by another member, sorry.

Comment

Something like this
        WhatsApp Image 2020-10-10 at 4.49.23 PM.jpeg
        It is very neat and tidy without needing a mount welding to the chassis
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

I found these instructions which give more details, and as you can see from the diagram #1 there is no need for additional chassis work to the forward end of the anti tramp bar. I'm thinking that one could simply attach the rear end to the lowering block rather than fabricating a new saddle plate by drilling a hole through the block to take the bolt.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by andyf; 16-10-20, 04:51 PM. Reason: Added picture
          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Working...
          X