A bit moregeneral info, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit moregeneral info, please

I've often wondered why the fan switch on the Cabrio / Hunter is specified by Marlin as a General Motors part, rather than a Ford item. A possiblity suggested by a friend is that as a rotary switch it controls the heater fan, but as a pull-out it was designed to operate the heated rear window in its GM applications, so could be used to control a engine cooling fan over-ride switch....which is what it appears to do in my car. If so, that's fine...but the two speed heater blower currently doesn't work...so Im keen to know if my information / deductions above are correct?
    Bill

Re: A bit moregeneral info, please

Really don’t know, I used the heater controls from the donor Sierra, and it used the Sierra blower too, so I’ve got Off, and 3 stages of blow as all the components match.

Never needed an override switch for the radiator fan. With the old engine I had sensor in the top hose that activated a relay for the fan, and with the new engine the Omex ECU does the job. On a really hot day in stationary traffic the temperature gets to about 90C
    Chris

Comment

Re: A bit moregeneral info, please

I've just removed /stripped down and cleaned/reassembled the heater fan on mine as it was reluctant to turn over on any of the 3 speeds. Easy enough job to do. A lot of these jobs could probably be avoided if the car had been used more during previous ownerships.

Comment

Working...
      X