Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: A bit moregeneral info, please

1. #1 A bit moregeneral info, please 
    club member Club Member
    I've often wondered why the fan switch on the Cabrio / Hunter is specified by Marlin as a General Motors part, rather than a Ford item. A possiblity suggested by a friend is that as a rotary switch it controls the heater fan, but as a pull-out it was designed to operate the heated rear window in its GM applications, so could be used to control a engine cooling fan over-ride switch....which is what it appears to do in my car. If so, that's fine...but the two speed heater blower currently doesn't work...so Im keen to know if my information / deductions above are correct?
    Bill

2. #2 Re: A bit moregeneral info, please 
    club member Club Member chris_cussen's Avatar
    Really don’t know, I used the heater controls from the donor Sierra, and it used the Sierra blower too, so I’ve got Off, and 3 stages of blow as all the components match.

Never needed an override switch for the radiator fan. With the old engine I had sensor in the top hose that activated a relay for the fan, and with the new engine the Omex ECU does the job. On a really hot day in stationary traffic the temperature gets to about 90C
    Chris
    Cabrio, Omex 2.0l 170bhp Zetec blacktop, Omex ECU and wiring loom.

3. #3 Re: A bit moregeneral info, please 
    Moderator Club Member
    I've just removed /stripped down and cleaned/reassembled the heater fan on mine as it was reluctant to turn over on any of the 3 speeds. Easy enough job to do. A lot of these jobs could probably be avoided if the car had been used more during previous ownerships.