Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina Diffs on ebay

I am sure someone on here was looking for a Marina Diff

There is some damage but might help someone.

Re: Marina Diffs on ebay

Before you set about purchasing damaged differentials have a read of https://kvisit.com/S1Mb2AQ

Replacement differential clusters can be bought from Rimmer Bros in a variety of ratios. Despite the fact that you may have a Marina differential, it is identical to a Triumph and is unmarked.

The whole job, to pull out your noisy diff and replace it with a factory reconditioned one takes less than a day and is a good opportunity to examine and replace as necessary your rear brakes and adjusters, as well as rear wheel bearings and oil seals.

Why buy something that you don’t need?
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
      I am sure someone on here was looking for a Marina Diff

There is some damage but might help someone.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Morri...wAAOSwZ9VfRANe
      I just took the time to look at the sellers other items. Clearly he stripped the axles.

He does however have three(?) halfshafts.

Be aware though that there are two different halfshafts that are not interchangeable between the two different hubs. Read the document I shared above.
      MOC member since 05/97
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

I spoke to Redline today, they supply parts for the old school Lotus 7’s that used Marina rear axles and frequently broke halfshafts whilst kerb hopping when racing.

Their price for a brand new halfshaft with either keyway is £248+vat each, quite a jump up from £50 each used second hand.
        MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Working...
        X