Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: New BMW E39 Sportster member

1. #1 New BMW E39 Sportster member 
    club member
    Hi there, my name is Jon and I hail from Devon.
    As a little background, I have virtually no mechanical car knowledge so you might ask yourself what on earth possessed me to take the plunge and buy a kit car? If you come up with a good reason please let me know. Whatever the reason, I took the plunge and sucked in by assurances of ongoing support and the knowledge I'm only an hour away from Marlin HQ I went for it.
    Fast forward, my donor stripped, my delivery from Marlin nearly complete. Two weeks later the sale of Marlin is announced and I was left feeling a little dropped in the proverbial. I believe mine is one of the last two Sportster kits sold.
    I am trying my best to slowly fumble by way through the initial stages as best I can although I am sure I will come up against my lack of knowledge soon.
    Hopefully as well as the social aspect of being a member here I will be able to tap into the wealth of experience and knowledge here and if anyone fancies being a mentor, I wouldn't say no.

Cheers, Jon

2. #2 Re: New BMW E39 Sportster member 
    Welcome Jon

With the support of members on here you will be able to complete your project
    so stay focussed !

Dave Cunnington Archivist

3. #3 Re: New BMW E39 Sportster member 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    I built an E30 Sportster many moons ago. Now owned by another member. Although the E30 is different I guess there are many similarities. I am always ready to share my experience!

Cheers Robin

4. #4 Re: New BMW E39 Sportster member 
    club member
    Thanks for the welcome Dave and Robin. Focus and motivation will probably be my nemesis. Robin I think your experience will be invaluable.

5. #5 Re: New BMW E39 Sportster member 
    club member Club Member
    i hope everthing is going ok for you i am building a e36 Sportster and did not get the full kit before they closed the doors