New BMW E39 Sportster member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New BMW E39 Sportster member

Hi there, my name is Jon and I hail from Devon.
    As a little background, I have virtually no mechanical car knowledge so you might ask yourself what on earth possessed me to take the plunge and buy a kit car? If you come up with a good reason please let me know. Whatever the reason, I took the plunge and sucked in by assurances of ongoing support and the knowledge I'm only an hour away from Marlin HQ I went for it.
    Fast forward, my donor stripped, my delivery from Marlin nearly complete. Two weeks later the sale of Marlin is announced and I was left feeling a little dropped in the proverbial. I believe mine is one of the last two Sportster kits sold.
    I am trying my best to slowly fumble by way through the initial stages as best I can although I am sure I will come up against my lack of knowledge soon.
    Hopefully as well as the social aspect of being a member here I will be able to tap into the wealth of experience and knowledge here and if anyone fancies being a mentor, I wouldn't say no.

Cheers, Jon

Re: New BMW E39 Sportster member

Welcome Jon

With the support of members on here you will be able to complete your project
    so stay focussed !

Dave Cunnington Archivist

Comment

I built an E30 Sportster many moons ago. Now owned by another member. Although the E30 is different I guess there are many similarities. I am always ready to share my experience!

Cheers Robin

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Dave and Robin. Focus and motivation will probably be my nemesis. Robin I think your experience will be invaluable.

Comment

i hope everthing is going ok for you i am building a e36 Sportster and did not get the full kit before they closed the doors

Comment

Working...
          X