Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page  Click here to sign up

Thread: Sportster on FB Marketplace

frequent forum contributor Club Member David's Avatar
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, the Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph based Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Kit manufactured 1983, first registered in 1987. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne in the NE of England.

Moderator Club Member

Re: Sportster on FB Marketplace

I cannot figure out why you haven't already purchased this one yourself! If it's half as good as it looks it an absolute bargain.

No garage space yet, and I’m really looking for an older simpler car and someone else in the club is looking at it so I thought best to let them run ahead of me.
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, the Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph based Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Kit manufactured 1983, first registered in 1987. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne in the NE of England.

Moderator Club Member

Simpler? What's complicated, it's pretty basic as powerplants go and it's a BMW so it'll never need anything other than an oil change now and then.

It’s based on a 325i, I’m an old fashioned carbs man, can’t be doing with anything more modern despite being a computer software programmer as part of work life.!

Moderator Club Member

I had a Cabrio with that engine and I haven't got beyond e mail and don't ask me to text as i haven't a clue! I managed to figure out enough to run that power unit for 7 years and 30000 miles though. I guess we all have our preferences when it comes to technology. By the way ,I'm ex RAF technician, but long time ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!

club member

Had a look at this earlier today, it’s not half as good as the photos suggest, it’s twice as good! A fantastic car with excellent provenance and whoever buys it will be more than delighted. I had a look with a view to replacing my Hunter with it, after much soul searching I think the Hunter suits me better at the present time. if you genuinely want a sportster then i think you will be looking for a very long time to better this one.

Marked as sold now...