Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabrio/Hunter/Ford Sportster Wheels

Now sold to a good home and awaiting collection

I have added a picture of the wheels photoshopped onto Simon Gregorys Cabrio, I did it when I was thinking of buying them to see what they looked like on a Marlin.

Set of 5 unusual Cosworth 16” Wire Classic wheels to fit Cabrio, Hunter, Sportster (ford based).

They were a custom order option on the Cosworth Scorpios and are rare as hens whatsits.

The rims are 16”x 4x108 X 6J et46.

They were bought for a project car I have now sold.

4 of the rims are in as new condition, the 5th rim has very slight minor scuff marks (pictured).

The tyres are 205/60/16 Dunlop Blue Response all brand new never been run on the road.

Centre caps are custom made gel badges to my design in chrome and black, ignore any marks on the badges they are just reflections from the camera.

I had them set up on the car with 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers which made them fit the arches on the Cabrio really well, I will include the spacers with the wheels at the asking price. (The spacers are £85 a pair on their own!)

I also have an additional two spare rims and centre caps which need refurbishment but are a good spare backup if these are of interest to you they can be included.

Collection from Leeds, 5min from junction 46 M1

£600 to a good home

Cheers

John
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cabrioman; 30-09-20, 05:42 PM.

Re: Cabrio/Hunter/Ford Sportster Wheels

Surely of interest

Need to go £500

Comment

Originally posted by cabrioman View Post
      Surely of interest

Need to go £500
      They're nice looking wheels and great value at that price. Unfortunately I've already got 'spoked' styled wheels otherwise I'd have been driving to Leeds.

I would have thought they would have been snapped up.
      2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Yep I am surprised, the tyres on their own would be £400 ish.

Comment

Hi John if you don't mind me asking who made the Gel Badges, I have been trying to source a set for my Roadster in Red and Chrome that I'm restoring that I built in the mid eighties. I've emailed several companies that make gel badges but never get any response's from them I must be asking the wrong questions. By the way I love those wheels I've just brought a Cabrio that is fitted with Cosworth Wheels that are in really good condition, but those uummm?

Kind Regards

Mick.

Cabrio Day Out .jpgCabrio pic 10.JPG

Comment

Hi Mick

Can’t recall off hand but can look it up and let you know. I actually got two lots made, one that cost from memory about a tenner as a proof of concept and then a second lot (the ones on the wheels I am selling) from a different company that were much higher quality that were I think around forty quid.

Regards the wheels I personally think they are really perfect for the marlin and suit the car really well. I particularly choose 16” wheels with 60 profile tyres to make the wheels a slightly larger diameter to fill the arches better as I always felt the 15 inch wheels looked wrong.

I have now sold virtually all my Marlin stuff Including my car so do feel free to make me an offer on the wheels, you would’nt be disappointed when you saw them in the flesh.

Cheers

John

Comment

Working...
            X