Marlin tax exempt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin tax exempt?

My roadster is not Q plated. The date of first registration is 1982. Its registered asa YKC . Come 2020 that will be forty years old, is the car eligible for Historic vehicle status ?? Any thoughts?

Re: Marlin tax exempt?

My Marlin is correctly registered, as a Marlin Roadster, with a date of first registration 31.08.1975 ('P' plate). When I put it back on the road last year, I taxed it in all innocence not even thinking about historic status. About a month later I received a letter from DVLA stating it was in the Historic tax class, and my tax payment was refunded. I have subsequently received a revised V5C confirming the Historic Vehicle taxation class. Whether it legally needs an MOT is quite another question though ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by chrislibby View Post
      My roadster is not Q plated. The date of first registration is 1982. Its registered asa YKC . Come 2020 that will be forty years old, is the car eligible for Historic vehicle status ?? Any thoughts?

I think you mean 2022? And I believe the answer is yes. I have just been checking number plate regulations and it mentions there a rolling 40 year period after which cars get historical status.

Cheers, Robin

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewKB View Post
        My Marlin is correctly registered, as a Marlin Roadster, with a date of first registration 31.08.1975 ('P' plate). When I put it back on the road last year, I taxed it in all innocence not even thinking about historic status. About a month later I received a letter from DVLA stating it was in the Historic tax class, and my tax payment was refunded. I have subsequently received a revised V5C confirming the Historic Vehicle taxation class. Whether it legally needs an MOT is quite another question though ;-)
        My Berli is on an M plate, is correctly shown on the V5c as a Marlin Berlinetta. (Sept 1973)
        There was no issue claiming Historic status as soon as I was able, and I couldn't find anything at the time precluding me from doing so, including a phone call to the DVLA.
        I also have the first MOT certificate from the previous owner, which shows the date of when it was initially tested as a Marlin after he's built it.
        This is 1989, since which it has never received any "Substantial Change"
        As this is now more than 30 years ago, I think it means it's MOT exempt officially, though It's currently MOTed and I'll resubmit it later this month, for the sake of £40 and the local station is at the top of my road.

Similarly my Landrover Lightweight, declared manufactured '74, though first registered '79, still has an MOT certificate from '89 showing 3528cc, which again makes the engine transplant more than 30 years ago, so I assume also MOT exempt, though I had it tested a couple of weeks ago.
        Last edited by B_Williams; 05-09-20, 06:57 PM.
        Best Wishes
        Bill Williams
        Berlinetta

[/COLOR]Click here for The nearest thing I have to a home page

Comment

Working...
        X