At last wing piping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At last wing piping

Well I bit the bullet and decided to put the wing piping on.

So off with the wing

20200904_131432.jpg

Managed to take it off in one

20200904_131457.jpg

And one side done, the other side tomorrow.

20200904_151404.jpg

Re: At last wing piping

A worthwhile job, looks great and finishes the car nicely

Comment

https://www.eastkenttrimsupplies.com/ ?
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Now finished with new lamp bar in situ.

Wiring tomorrow.

15993200435191441371194.jpg

Comment

Looking good. Where did you get the stainless steel light bar?
          I too have two of these, a pitted chrome one and a painted one.

Comment

I'll pm you

Adrian

Comment

Looks good, I hadn’t noticed it was missing!
              - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
              - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
              - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
              - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
              - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

That's because there was so much crud caught in between the inner wing and body panels it looked like wing piping

Originally posted by David View Post
                Looks good, I hadn’t noticed it was missing!

Comment

Not wishing to pee on your parade but those indicators can not possibly be legal can they??
                  Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
                  - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Yep looked at that this evening, will push them out as far as I can. They were legal for the past two years in that position.

Originally posted by jon_cox View Post
                    Not wishing to pee on your parade but those indicators can not possibly be legal can they??

Comment

This will be the position from tomorrow

20190505_114147-1632x1224 (1)_compress34.jpg

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
                      Yep looked at that this evening, will push them out as far as I can. They were legal for the past two years in that position.

Comment

That’s better.
                        when I first built my roadster I had indicators fitted directly below the headlights and it failed. I literally fitted an extended bracket to move them forward by 10 cm and the MOT guy was happy.
                        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
                        - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

This is why I love this forum, there is always someone to help.

Cheers matey.

Adrian

That’s better.
                          when I first built my roadster I had indicators fitted directly below the headlights and it failed. I literally fitted an extended bracket to move them forward by 10 cm and the MOT guy was happy.

Comment

Hi Adrian
                            This might help you with positioning. Always room for "interpretation" but as this rule was made in 1989 then I guess it is as relevant as can be.

This ruling also says you should have side repeaters fitted to a car registered after 1986 but my car was registered in 1987 and this was not a requirement then so there must have been a transition period where things changed.
                            Hope this helps get them positioned correctly.
                            Jon

Comment

Just got back from my MOT guy to get the headlights realigned and he has repositioned the indicators so that it would pass an MOT.

He said that he didn't position them under the headlights as they may not be seen.

Anyway I went against the build manual and my lights are more forward so they can be seen better from an angle, second picture.

As it's registration date is 78 it doesn't need side repeaters.

Thanks for the information and the heads up.

Picture below

15994896315361441371194.jpg

1599489875195-571817027.jpg
                              Hi Adrian
                              This might help you with positioning. Always room for "interpretation" but as this rule was made in 1989 then I guess it is as relevant as can be.

This ruling also says you should have side repeaters fitted to a car registered after 1986 but my car was registered in 1987 and this was not a requirement then so there must have been a transition period where things changed.
                              Hope this helps get them positioned correctly.
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X