Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So many Marlins for sale offshore....

https://www.theparking-cars.co.uk/us...gineering.html

Anyone recognise any of these, lets play spot 'that was my car'!
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Re: So many Marlins for sale offshore....

Originally posted by David View Post
    https://www.theparking-cars.co.uk/us...gineering.html

Anyone recognise any of these, lets play spot 'that was my car'!
    None of them are one of my previous two Roadsters, The first of which went to Switzerland(would love to know what happened to that one!)

Can't believe some of the prices over the water!!
    Stapley Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by bryannewell View Post
      None of them are one of my previous two Roadsters, The first of which went to Switzerland(would love to know what happened to that one!)

Can't believe some of the prices over the water!!
      The blue Sportster with the 6 cylinder 280Z engine is an absolute jewel.
      2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Originally posted by wiggiesworld View Post
        The blue Sportster with the 6 cylinder 280Z engine is an absolute jewel.
        I’ve tried to talk to them about buying that but no response despite an initial call. Price has gone up as well, it was £12k a few years ago, must have been for sale for 3-4 years?

Anyone know anything about it, any opinions on price, there are a couple in the mid teens bracket at the moment.
        - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
        - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
          I’ve tried to talk to them about buying that but no response despite an initial call. Price has gone up as well, it was £12k a few years ago, must have been for sale for 3-4 years?

Anyone know anything about it, any opinions on price, there are a couple in the mid teens bracket at the moment.
          I seem to remember first seeing it advertised on CarsandClassics website. Like you said it was originally advertised for £12K which I honestly thought was pretty OK given what looked to be the quality of the work, £13,750 is starting to get a bit serious but that's probably because after failing to sell it he's probably moved it onto a dealer who's agreed to get him his £12K for it but is also wanting to make it worth their while. (I have been involved in car trade, we did this quite a bit for people) . Like I said if I didn't have my Cabrio I would have been giving this serious consideration at the old price.

Like me you will no doubt have noticed that the www.theparking-cars.co.uk is a bit fake really, all it seems to be doing is listing adverts that have already been listed elsewhere, The roadster is listed on ebay, see link below, and on a separate car dealership site, if you haven't already I would expect that would be the best contact route to go.

His proper website:

Last but not least, that thing about no test drives is a bit naff. I know dealers where they will let you take a solo test drive as long as you leave something with them; car of equal value, credit card, wife, favourite pooch etc They cannot seriously expect people to throw that amount of cash at it without driving it, who knows may look great but drive like a lemon, have seriously slipping clutch whatever
          2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Working...
          X