V8 Marlin Roadster For Sale - Car and Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8 Marlin Roadster For Sale - Car and Classic

This car has recently appeared on the carandclassic.co.uk site.

Description reads:
    Built professionally in 1991. Triumph Vitesse front suspension and brakes,doner Rover V8 3500 engine with 6000 miles through automatic gearbox (so never stressed) now Rover 5 speed gearbox, Ford 3 litre back axle, Ford alloy wheels, good tyres. (Paul Moorhouse used this car to measure engine mounts for future V8 kits.)
    MOT Jan . Sorned at present
    Very reluctant sale due to downsizing and no room !
    Find your dream classic car from over 10,000 private adverts plus many more trade adverts on Europe's No 1 classic cars site. 100% F...

Anybody know anything about it. Unfortunately there are no pictures.
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Re: V8 Marlin Roadster For Sale - Car and Classic

Originally posted by jon_cox View Post
    This car has recently appeared on the carandclassic.co.uk site.

Description reads:
    Built professionally in 1991. Triumph Vitesse front suspension and brakes,doner Rover V8 3500 engine with 6000 miles through automatic gearbox (so never stressed) now Rover 5 speed gearbox, Ford 3 litre back axle, Ford alloy wheels, good tyres. (Paul Moorhouse used this car to measure engine mounts for future V8 kits.)
    MOT Jan . Sorned at present
    Very reluctant sale due to downsizing and no room !
    Find your dream classic car from over 10,000 private adverts plus many more trade adverts on Europe's No 1 classic cars site. 100% F...

Anybody know anything about it. Unfortunately there are no pictures.
    it sounds like T193 VDV to me.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
      it sounds like T193 VDV to me.
      According to the gallery T193 VDV is a Marlin Hunter..... ?
      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
      - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Possibly this one:
        Due to the info in this post...

Q399-URL-1989.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jon_cox View Post
          According to the gallery T193 VDV is a Marlin Hunter..... ?
          It won’t be the first time somebody has got it wrong.
          i found the reg and a pic from an Internet trawl.
          MOC member since 05/97
          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
          X