Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One more unfinished Roadster (LWB) for sale

Originally posted by martinclan56 View Post
    I have put two cars through the SVA/ IVA. A couple of basic but less obvious tips.
    You MUST have proof of the engine age otherwise they will test it under the current rules which means a cat and all the stuff that goes with it.
    Build everything very carefully. If they can see you took care over the build you are 50% there already.
    Make the SVA manual your bible and adhere to the rules even if they may seem a little odd at times.
    If in doubt ask plenty of questions on this forum.
    Cheers Robin
    The IVA manual is my bedtime reading. As I say, I've been ploughing through it and have already drafted a fair old list of compliance work that I need to do. Thanks to all for the advice though and no doubt I'll be back asking some questions at some point. Atb ~ Tom

Comment

Thanks for the input Ben.

Fortunately the screen is a recut land rover one and has retained the manufacturers markings.

Atb ~ Tom

Comment

If you are going to use the CVH engine this table https://www.burtonpower.com/tuning-g...ure-dates.html will help define the age and hence the emissions required.

Comment

Originally posted by chris_cussen View Post
          If you are going to use the CVH engine this table https://www.burtonpower.com/tuning-g...ure-dates.html will help define the age and hence the emissions required.
          Thank you. That's really useful to me. There's a date stamp on the head but a reference document like this is the proper answer.

ps. The relevant letters at the start of my CVH's engine number are KE, making it a December 1989 engine.
          Last edited by mogrange1; 03-11-20, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mogrange1 View Post
            Thanks for the input Ben.

Fortunately the screen is a recut land rover one and has retained the manufacturers markings.

Atb ~ Tom

You will still need to check the latest spec for the glass markings it was E43 but not sure what it is now.
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by b_caswell View Post
              You will still need to check the latest spec for the glass markings it was E43 but not sure what it is now.
              By my reading of the current IVA regulations the windscreen needs to be marked E1 43R and what I have, in situ, is a Pilkington laminated screen with the correct markings etched on, or so I believe... see photo... P1140614.jpg
              Attached Files

Comment

Best to check now because changing the glass is a job and a half especially on a finished car.
                Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by b_caswell View Post
                  Best to check now because changing the glass is a job and a half especially on a finished car.
                  Well, funny you should say that... :-) Because... even though the glass is definitely up to spec, the installation isn't up to my spec. So, it's a coming out anyway. In fact, and as much as it pains me to say this, the whole machine needs to be dismantled and reassembled better. I'm not saying there isn't any good work, but I have a long list of 'issues' that I want to address.

Comment

Good to hear of your intentions Tom, ground upwards is always the best way

Rgds DC

Comment

Working...
                    X