• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handbrake help

How does the Marina handbrake work?

I have the axle with two levers sticking out of the backplates

And that is ALL

Sorting a handbrake from something or other for the bit you pull is not too difficult - but what is supposed to be on the axle??

I assume there should be something that connects the RHS and LHS levers together and that the handbrake cable pulls together

I have a Marina manual - its got a section on brakes but nothing on the damn handbrake

What do the missing bits look like and how do they attach to the axle - if they do

Re: Handbrake help

Two pics Duncan. It's a "T" cable and rod with a sort of equaliser movement in the middle

A pic of the cable assy would help but I don't have one

Pics not brilliant, they were taken to show the shockers in their inverted position
    and then with plastic anti dirt covers

Hope they help

Rgds DC EDIT Try Google or ebay UK, found these two pics
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dcunn; 08-10-20, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by duncan View Post
      How does the Marina handbrake work?

I have the axle with two levers sticking out of the backplates

And that is ALL

Sorting a handbrake from something or other for the bit you pull is not too difficult - but what is supposed to be on the axle??

I assume there should be something that connects the RHS and LHS levers together and that the handbrake cable pulls together

I have a Marina manual - its got a section on brakes but nothing on the damn handbrake

What do the missing bits look like and how do they attach to the axle - if they do
      My first response was to be ‘badly’ the autoadjusters were notorious for no auto adjusting, people have a habit of greasing them, attracting dirt and dust.
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Thanks guys that is really helpful

I do have a bit welded onto the axle casing - with a bolt seized and broken off in it!

The brake slave cylinders do not have the auto adjust - probably a good thing

I will see if I can buy some Marina parts - but I may be better off just making something

Comment

Working...
        X