Roadster Fibreglass wanted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster Fibreglass wanted.

For, what I believe to be, my MkII Marina based chassis; I'm particularly looking for a radiator cowl, dashtop/scuttle and rear body tub (preferably, but not necessarily, one with the spare wheel recess). Or advice on where to locate these items. W.H.Y.? ... Thanks~Tom.

Re: Roadster Fibreglass wanted.

Hi Tom,
    I have a spare rear body tub for the mk2 Marina based roadster with the recess for a spare wheel.
    Cheers, Martin.

Comment

Thanks Martin. I have pm'd you about this.

The search also continues for the front end and the scuttle top.

Comment

Hi Tom, I have replied to your PM and as we can’t attach photos to a PM here it is.
        It does need a rub down and respray but it is in one piece. Yours for free if and when you can arrange collection.
        Cheers, Martin. D359B206-33BD-4E40-8FF8-45969FFA48FD.jpeg

Comment

My spare nose went to another fellow marliner a couple of years ago and the wiper trim went all the way to Duncan in Zew Zealand.
          I don’t have a spare dash scuttle.
          Cheers, Martin.

Comment

Give me a call 07976836374 or email [email protected] . Danny

Comment

I just read this Danny, thanks. I'll call you tomorrow, early p.m., if that's ok?

Comment

So, does anyone still lay up the fibreglass parts new?

Comment

Originally posted by mogrange1 View Post
                  So, does anyone still lay up the fibreglass parts new?
                  Hi Tom,
                  Now and again they do pop up on eBay so as you already have a huge amount of work to do I would just make a start and keep an eye on eBay.
                  I do have a pair of SWB doors, I can trace a template and email to you to print to check they fit, PM me your email address, also the rear tub.
                  As you know you will then need the nose and dash and also the windscreen trim, what about rear wheel arches and running boards or are you going for cycle wings.
                  Cheers, Martin.

Comment

Thanks for the offer Martin. I basically want all of the fibreglass panels. Cutting, bending and even louvring ally panels are all things I can manage. I can even TIG weld as well as more conventional MIG, arc and oxy-acetylene gas options, but tackling all of the compound curves and complex shapes required for the bodywork and not finishing up with something hideous would be a bit of a tall order for me. I've started sorting out all of the mechanical and electrical bits that I have and have been offering them up to the chassis for some trial measurements to try and get the weight distribution and ergonomics sorted to the best compromise I can. Work continues and ebay is being watched. This looks like at least one year's worth of part time effort. So, plenty time to track everything down, I hope. :-) Atb ~ Tom

Comment

Working...
                    X