Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello to you all

Hello to you all
    I'm a new member thats excited to be part of this fabulous club.
    I will be taking delivery of my car on friday just before the next lockdown and I'm looking forward to it very much.
    A little bit about myself I have been around cars all my life as my father owned his own garage and from a very young age I helped out in there when ever I could and im talking the days of proper cars in my eye from 60s 70s 80s , when I left school in the 80s I trained as a mechanic and worked in my brother in laws garage for many yrs until cars started to get more and more electronic and I got less and less interested in modern cars and so decided to change carrier and follow in my mother's footsteps and became an Auxiliary nurse for the NHS in general and metal health. ive been senior in 2 emi nursing homes And I am still to this day at 52 yrs old a mental health healthcare assistant in young adult sector. I continue to enjoy cars of the older yrs and I'm building a hood super severn which will a while before its finished , I still do all my own repairs on my vehicles and my wifes and only take my car to a garage for an M.O.T.
    I'm hoping that this horrendous virus will let up next year and me and the wife can get to some shows and meets. Lockdown or no lockdown the days and weeks and months dont change for me apart from I may have to work more shifts due to lack of staff but that's the price of front line workers.
    I look forward to learning from you all.
    The car I have perchest is known here in the club and is a cabrio 2.6.Screenshot_20201020-223156_Chrome.jpg
    Attached Files

Re: Hello to you all

Welcome Jon. Hope you will be able to enjoy your car soon. Lots of advice on here if you need it.
    regards Liz

Comment

Welcome to the Marlin Club.

Great looking car.

Adrian

Comment

Nice car and welcome to the club.

Phil

Comment

Welcome really like the colour
          BMW E30 Sportster 2005 - M20B28 - Build Log and Updates http://www.msportster.co.uk/
          http://www.modelog.co.uk/
          http://www.mustang67.co.uk/

Comment

Thank you all

Comment

Welcome, great looking car.
              - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
              - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
              - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
              - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
              - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Working...
              X