James Dresch R I P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Dresch R I P

I have recently been made aware that James passed away in November last year, and feel that some memorial to him is due on this site.

He was a genuine and knowledgeable true “Marlin Guy”, always ready with friendly advice and assistance to all.

He bought his first Berlinetta in 1986, over time acquired another two, and he would introduce himself as The Marlin Owners Club Sweden !

The three cars are pictured in the Sep/Oct 2020 Pitstop Berli article.

His pieces for Pitstop included his Marlin autobiography “The Long and Winding Road” [Dec/Jan 2010]; having converted all his cars to LHD
    there was a “how to do it” article in Jun/Jul 2010, and his anti roll bar for a Berlinetta was detailed in the Feb/Mar 2010 issue.

James hosted a visit by six MOC members, see: http://marlinsgotosweden2013.blogspot.com/

Some seven years ago he was given a very bad prognosis and had been fighting serious ill health since then.

Rest in peace James.
    Attached Files

Re: James Dresch R I P

Thanks for the update DC. I had wondered how James was going on as we had heard no news for a while. James was a great guy who loved his Marlins.

Comment

Sad news indeed.

Comment

Nice of you to post this, that car looks great and he’s obviously pleased about it
        - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
        - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Working...
        X