Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page  Click here to sign up

Thread: Berlinetta project

club member Club Member

Berlinetta project

I may consider (lifting out) the complete Zetec package if someone wishes to up grade their own Berlinetta. This is the full package that was supplied by YKC which includes Zetec engine, Griffin Manifold, Racetech water rail, Omex 6oo and Omex engine loom with instructions, starter alternator and bracket and starter motor. Then there is a branch manifold and side exhaust if reqd all in stainless. Danny 07976836374 or danny.nelson@blueyonder.co.uk

club member Club Member philmcgrath's Avatar

Re: Berlinetta project

Would this package work in a Cabrio which currently has the Ford 2.0 DOHC EFi engine and MT75 gearbox?

club member Club Member chris_cussen's Avatar

Yes. I replaced a dead DOHC carb engine with a Zetec engine from Omex, along with their Omex 600 ECU. I detailed it in https://www.marlinownersclub.com/for...an-engine-swap .
    If Danny is selling the complete package it should not be too difficult. Bits I needed outside help with was fabricating the engine mounts, but if Danny is removing the package it should come with those. Apart from that I had a stainless exhaust system made up. Otherwise the work was spanners, wiring and plumbing.
    Cabrio, Omex 2.0l 170bhp Zetec blacktop, Omex ECU and wiring loom.

club member Club Member

exactly as Chris says Yes it will.

club member Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by danny_nelson View Post
    exactly as Chris says Yes it will.
    Interesting Danny, I think I will join the queue after Phil.........
    2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349