Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Charging Socket

Hi ,
    Thought i would do a quick post as i have just installed a USB charging socket into my Cabrio. Easy job done in a couple of hours. It was something I hadn't considered until my Grandson complained that his phone did not hold it's charge for long on our road trips. Since installing the socket, my Grandson is very happy on our road trips as he can play his "Pokemon" game, and not run out of phone charge!
    My Cabrio has the Marlin supplied radio console. The console is held in place by two bolts, so is easily removed for drilling the hole for the USB socket. Once removed, I drilled from the back with a 30mm bi-metal hole saw, protecting the faux leather with a very thin piece of ply let into the face side of the console where the pilot hole I had drilled came through the front. Cleaned up the edges, tucked the faux leather through the hole, inserted the USB socket and reassembled the console into place. The USB socket came with its own wiring, which I did not use. It had an "in line" 10amp fuse, which i did not like, so i selected a spare permanent live outlet from my fusebox, used that to supply the socket and fused it with a 10amp fuse. This keeps all the fuses in one place. The socket has a touch switch to power on/off. This was the socket I installed, https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Hope this is of some use to all Marlin owners.

Miike.
    Attached Files

Re: USB Charging Socket

Put one of this on JRR last summer, that's its modernisation done now for a while I suspect
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Working...
    X