Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: Nice touch

1. #1 Nice touch 
    Some time the little things make a difference.20201101_125431.jpg
    Engraved clocks

2. #2 Re: Nice touch 
    club member Club Member stevejgreen's Avatar
    1200 rpm and zero oil pressure, would worry me, even if the gauges look nice!
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

3. #3 Re: Nice touch 
    Moderator Club Member
    Just shows that you can look and not see. My cursory glance had failed to notice the engine was running!

4. #4 Re: Nice touch 
    Engine not running the rev counter sticks when not running but when running works normal

5. #5 Re: Nice touch 
    club member Club Member
    When I had that particular rev counter fitted it did exactly the same, i.e. stayed at idle revs when you switched off. If you briefly switched the ignition back on the rev counter would then drop to zero. I mentioned it to a friend a while back who had just bought a brand new Morgan with the same instruments fitted and it did exactly the same thing. Recently I changed to Smiths instruments and no longer have that problem, not that it was really a problem anyway.

6. #6 Re: Nice touch 
    Exactly the same with my Hunter, (and that make of rev-counter), needle stays at whatever revs the engine is at, when the ign is turned off.

Not really a problem in practice, as said if needed a flick on-off will zero it, OCD I have, but not that bad!
    Marlin Hunter R500 ULA 1997 Ford-Based Hunter with 2.3 DOHC L4 engine, chassis/kit No. 157

7. #7 Re: Nice touch 
    Yes it doesn't bother me as it reads normal when engine running but may change all the gauges to Smith's one day

8. #8 Re: Nice touch 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    I bet that engine will keep ticking over at that idle speed whilst using no fuel at all indefinitely and also will be totally silent too .Wow the ultimate eco friendly Marlin