Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rear anti roll bar mount

Originally posted by jon202 View Post
    I dont know if its doing the job or not it wss on the carvwhen i bought it do assumed it should [ATTACH=CONFIG]12009[/ATTACH]be there
    Mmm. Those front clamp bolts go through the floor which is not very strong. Seriously I would try removing it and see how the car handles. I would expect a more comfortable ride as that’s quite a thick bar. What diameter is your front ARB? Mine was originally 28mm and it was like driving with a solid front axle and cart springs! I fitted a 24mm diameter one and things were much more comfortable without any change to handling.

Comment

Originally posted by greyV8pete View Post
      Mmm. Those front clamp bolts go through the floor which is not very strong. Seriously I would try removing it and see how the car handles. I would expect a more comfortable ride as that’s quite a thick bar. What diameter is your front ARB? Mine was originally 28mm and it was like driving with a solid front axle and cart springs! I fitted a 24mm diameter one and things were much more comfortable without any change to handling.
      Front bar is 28mm. I may remove it then if people think its not needed

Comment

Although, as I said before, the set up looks a bit exposed, someone has gone to a fair bit of time and expence to make and fit this to your car. And there is at least one other car like it, probably more. Therefore, if you are happy with how the car drives, and you can find the parts that you are looking for, then I would be inclined to fit them and forget it. The car will be ready for many more miles, the same as it was before.

The alternative is to embark on a testing program, rear roll bar off and on, softer front roll bar, change the springs etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by scott h View Post
          Although, as I said before, the set up looks a bit exposed, someone has gone to a fair bit of time and expence to make and fit this to your car. And there is at least one other car like it, probably more. Therefore, if you are happy with how the car drives, and you can find the parts that you are looking for, then I would be inclined to fit them and forget it. The car will be ready for many more miles, the same as it was before.

The alternative is to embark on a testing program, rear roll bar off and on, softer front roll bar, change the springs etc etc.
          Hardly a testing programme to remove it and check out the inevitable increase in comfort! A quick unbolt and drive is all that’s needed. Springs will still be supporting the same weight of car so are not really an issue.

I can assure you that having reduced the front ARB diameter myself that it only increases the comfort of the ride, without any unexpected side effects. The only caveat is that the centre 24mm ARB is cranked in the opposite direction to the 28mm version. In my case this increased clearance with the V8 engine and made changing the oil filter much easier! I believe the clearance issues are mainly with the BMW engines?
          More info in this forum. Link below.

https://www.marlinownersclub.com/for...ight=Anti+roll

Comment

I would wholeheartedly agree: but go one step further and remove the front anti toll bar too!! Though I accept it introduces the issue of hard mounts and chassis strength when using the substitute compression struts.

I have neither front nor rear roll bars and do not detect any discernible roll. I can only guess at how much more comfortable it is than one with both ARBs fitted.

If anyone would like a test drive they are more than welcome to have a go in my Cabrio........

”Compare the Ride.com” Simples

Comment

I recently replaced track rod ends suspension arms & ARB bushes new boot covers, whilst wrestling with the ARB with ratchet straps the thought crossed my mind about the possibility of leaving it off. I persevered and eventually it went back together. I do not have a rear ARB on mine

Comment

Working...
              X