Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear anti roll bar mount

Hi folks
    Can anyone identify what vehicle this anti roll bar mount is off as i need to change them the rubber bushing are almost disintegrated.20201124_154244.jpg

Re: Rear anti roll bar mount

I take it this is on Cabrio ? If so it's pretty certain it comes from Ford Sierra. I don't think many Cabrio 's are fitted with the rear anti roll bar .

Comment

Yes its a cabrio and sierra based but i cant identify the mounting ive looked in the Sierra manual and it doesn't seem to be off Sierra

Comment

Doesn't look like the Sierra one on our Berlinetta

Comment

That looks like a home brew to me. The Sierra rear ARB, when fitted connects via a couple of short drop links with rubber grommets, that push over a ball ended spigot on the top of the rear trailing arms. There are body mounts under the rear load space floor. As the Cabrio / Hunter has such good neutral handling I would expect a rear ARB to make it inclined to be rather tail happy? If you suffer from this I would just remove it. Peter.

Comment

My Cabrio does have the rear ARB fitted, see photo. It was on the car when I acquired it and, as it didn't seem to cause an obvious problem, I left it on. Its a much smaller diameter than the front one so I guess its impact is fairly low. A word of caution if you do fit one. On one side of mine there was a larger rubber washer between the ARB mount and the bottom of the rear suspension arm which had blocked a small drainage hole where the bottom of the spring is located. As a result the well into which the spring fits was full of water and the bottom of the spring was quite rusty. Drilled another hole and problem solved.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ggrum View Post
              My Cabrio does have the rear ARB fitted, see photo. It was on the car when I acquired it and, as it didn't seem to cause an obvious problem, I left it on. Its a much smaller diameter than the front one so I guess its impact is fairly low. A word of caution if you do fit one. On one side of mine there was a larger rubber washer between the ARB mount and the bottom of the rear suspension arm which had blocked a small drainage hole where the bottom of the spring is located. As a result the well into which the spring fits was full of water and the bottom of the spring was quite rusty. Drilled another hole and problem solved.

You have the exact same set up as me and i need to replace both mountings that are going through the hole at the base of the spring. but i need to know what there called and the vehicle there 0ff. ive searched and searched i can remember seeing similar in the past but for the life of me cant remember.
              the rubbers on the mount are almost gone very little left of them.

Comment

Sorry to be negative, but that anti roll bar set up looks a bit exposed and easily damaged to me. I would be trying to find a solution that mounts the bar above the trailing arms as in the original Sierra.

Comment

Originally posted by scott h View Post
                  Sorry to be negative, but that anti roll bar set up looks a bit exposed and easily damaged to me. I would be trying to find a solution that mounts the bar above the trailing arms as in the original Sierra.
                  I agree i doesn't look the greatest design but obviously its ment to be like it as mine and ggrum has the same set up.

Comment

Thats a female studded rod end bearing, Measure the sizes and try a search in goggle for what you need, for example an M10 can be found hereor here.
                    dun6792356h.jpg

Comment

I'm still curious as to the vehicle that donated the anti roll bar. Build manual states that it's not required in original form.

Comment

Some models of the Sierra did have a rear anti roll bar fitted but the attachment to the trailing suspension arm was not the same as on the Cabrio. Mystery indeed!

Comment

Even if that is a squishy (failed) rubber bush mounting it in the suspension arm hole there isn’t much effective length in the link to provide much articulation for extremes of suspension travel. I am wondering how the ARB is mounted to the body / chassis? There isn’t much under there that would take suspension forces without some degree of reinforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron F View Post
                            Thats a female studded rod end bearing, Measure the sizes and try a search in goggle for what you need, for example an M10 can be found hereor here.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]12008[/ATTACH]
                            Brilliant thank you Cameron F

Comment

Originally posted by greyV8pete View Post
                              Even if that is a squishy (failed) rubber bush mounting it in the suspension arm hole there isn’t much effective length in the link to provide much articulation for extremes of suspension travel. I am wondering how the ARB is mounted to the body / chassis? There isn’t much under there that would take suspension forces without some degree of reinforcement.
                              I dont know if its doing the job or not it wss on the carvwhen i bought it do assumed it should 20201126_165135.jpgbe there

Comment

Working...
                              X