Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unfiished Sportster for sale - winter project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfiished Sportster for sale - winter project?

East Anglian Motor Auctions are pleased to announce that we shall be selling the following vehicle at our Classic and Retro "Online" Auction on Sat 5th Dec at our site in Wymondham Norfolk commencing at Noon.

This unfinshed project is powered by a BMW 325 engine! A rewarding project that needs finishing! Not Registered.

Estimated at £2000-£3000
    https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1291940

Another one of those that 'if only I [were younger and] had the space...'
    Attached Files
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Re: Unfiished Sportster for sale - winter project?

Any ideas what it went for? Straight on eBay at £4995������������
    Looks a fair bit rougher in the ebay pics. Will require a fair bit of work to get through IVA.

Comment

Originally posted by J_Haines View Post
      Any ideas what it went for? Straight on eBay at £4995������������
      Looks a fair bit rougher in the ebay pics. Will require a fair bit of work to get through IVA.

We could do a guess the price competition, before the auction results become available.

My guess is £2150.00

Cheers
      Dave

Comment

Unless there are some build photos with it, it will have to be dismantled and re built anyway.
        Liz

Comment

It is being mis-advertised as "Registered as a BMW 325i" - it clearly isn't an E36 BMW 325i, and can not "be registered" as such.

It is NOT registered as the Marlin Sportster that it is trying to become , and will have to go through an expensive (£600) IVA test, once it has been fully prepared and capable of passing of passing a fairly stringent test.

I think Louis is looking for a quick profit, but hopefully any interested parties will have a look on the Forum and see that when the preparation required for the IVA test is factored in, it is significantly over valued at £5k.

Comment

Working...
          X